Sunday, May 13, 2012

Raindrops and Thunder

Last week Ezra's mom sent me the following photo of Ezra and Riley at TLCC.  Both boys wore the exact same shorts with superman t-shirts on the same day!  We sure are going to miss Ezra next year.  But he'll be at Lily B in a year and we can't wait to see him again there!



On Tuesday I flew to Corpus Christi for the afternoon for work and Papa took the boys to Riley's first t-ball practice.  This year they are playing in the t-ball/coach pitch division and Riley actually hit a coach pitched ball at his first practice!  I'm super proud of him!


Wednesday was Riley's last Spring semester Creative Dramatics class at KWC.  They performed Where The Wild Things Are and Riley played the parts of the dog, the jungle and a wild thing.  He thought the other wild things were too loud though and covered his ears when they roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth!



After the performance, Riley and I went to pick up Carter from school and then we went home and got out our new swimming pool.  Chad got home early from work and while he grilled dinner, I sat in my hammock and watched the boys play in the water.



It was amazing and so relaxing and Carter even came over and swung me in my hammock!


On Thursday night the boys fingerpainted Mothers Day cards for the special women in their lives.

One of Riley's materpieces he named  "Shooting Stars"

One of Carter's materpieces he named "Horses"
 On Friday we met up with the Jungs for an early Mother's Day celebration at Joe T Garcia's.  We sat on the patio and towards the end of our meal it started raining.  They put an umbrella near our table, but it only covered half the table.  By the end of the meal, we were all huddled under the umbrella, kissing on Wyatt and watching Riley and Carter splash in puddles.  It was the most original Joe T's night I have ever had.



Since Chad's been working a lot on the opera, the boys and I have had a lot of nights, just the three of us and we've really settled into a routine.  After baths, we snuggle in my bed until bedtime, watching a movie, and then we all go to Carter's room to read stories.  Riley climbs into bed with Carter for "just a second" to snuggle, before we say goodnight to Carter and then head upstairs so Riley can get his own bedtime story before I tuck him in.  Carter tries to stall most nights by saying "Mommy, um...." over and over.

Riley was being super silly after baths the other night and made a bubble beard.  He looked like a little old man!!


Yesterday's tball game was cancelled since it had rained on Friday so we had the day to ourselves.  We took the boys shopping at the mall, bought them new pillows for their beds and then we ate lunch at Chick Fil A before heading home for naps.  After naps we went to the grocery store and then went to the Lovelady house for an early Mother's Day dinner.  We had such a blast spending the evening with them.  HUGE laughs around the dinner table, kids had a blast and it was after 9pm before we knew it and the kids hadn't even bathed yet!  I think Carter knew it was late as this was him after his bath!


Uncle Jason read all the kids a pirate story in a pirate accent before we headed home for bed.


Today the kids were singing at TLCC for Mother's Day.  Both boys did a great job singing, although Carter sang the song on his knees, which was funny!  After lunch we came home and cooked lunch for Nana & Papa at our house.  I made two new recipes and everyone loved them! 

After lunch I went to row and rowed a double with another lady in the club.  One second before we got to the dock after our row, we ended up tipping the boat and falling in.  It was my first time to fall in the Trinity and it was plenty gross, but I was very impressed with how calm I was under pressure and we survived with just yucky river water in our clothes!

Tonight we made fish sticks for dinner.  Riley had been asking to have them because his friend Nilay at school sometimes has them in his lunch.  Neither boys had ever had fish sticks, but boy did they LOVE them!  Riley ate all his fish sticks and even asked for one of mine.  Carter ate all of his as well, and Riley has even asked to have them again tomorrow.  I think we have a new favorite food in our house!

Tonight Riley was playing the piano after dinner and when he would hit the upper note keys he would tell us that those were the raindrops and when he hit the lower note keys, that was the thunder.  When we heard the raindrop sounds, we were supposed to shake our hands and when we heard the thunder we were supposed to freeze still.  I have no idea where he came up with this, but it was very neat!





No comments:

Post a Comment