Last Friday was a hard day for me. It was Riley's last day at TLCC. We went to Bluebonnet Bakery for our last Friday Donuts there for the summer (and let them know they wouldn't see us again until probably August - I love being a regular somewhere, where you know they will worry if they don't see you) and then I took Riley to school. When I dropped him on the playground I got very emotional and started to cry! I went in and hugged Ms Diana and then said I didn't think I would pick up, that I would let Chad do it because I didn't think I could handle it! Kate called me later in the morning to say she had cried when she visited Riley in his classroom that day. We were both so emotional!! So Kate had a great idea to start the summer off right with a visit to the train after school. It was a lot of fun!
After that we ran home to drop off a car and then went to Esperanza's for a family dinner to celebrate Wyatt's baptism. Chad's cousin, Alex, was there with her husband, Josh, and their kids, Kate and James. They live in Alaska, but were visiting, but it was so great to see them! After dinner we went to Billie's for the baptism and it was so sweet!
I got to hold Wyatt for a long time afterwards and that was my favorite part of the evening! He's so tiny and adorable!
Saturday morning we got up bright and early for our tball team pictures. I'll get the official CD of Riley's individual and team picture later, but here is one I captured on my phone. I had a great time sitting at the game with Carter and Nana while Riley played tball. Carter played games on my phone and two girls his age from school, Abigail and Mattie, both hung out with us too. It was so fun to be with the little guys while the big boys played tball.
Saturday evening I picked up my friend Tracy for her early birthday present. Her birthday is in July, but when I heard the Avett Brothers were coming to Verizon Theater in Grand Prairie, I knew she would want to go. First I took her to dinner in Arlington at Potager, which she loved and I was thrilled she hadn't been to before, and then we headed to the concert. At the bar we ran into a high school friend of mine and managed to score free drinks. The concert was amazing and we had such a great time. And Dirk Nowitski of the Dallas Mavericks was there, so we even saw a celebrity!
Yesterday the boys started their summer with Nana. Riley is in Kids Who Care mini camp in the mornings, so he goes to the theater and I drop off Carter with Nana and then they are all together in the afternoon. It's so great to know the boys get to spend this awesome time with their Nana all summer. We are starting many summers of awesome memories, I just know it! Nana is also going to try and retain what they've learned in school this year and today they worked on their letters.
It also looks like the school room moved outside eventually! How fun!
We are so blessed that Nana is willing and able to do this for us. While the savings in our pocketbooks will be awesome, the time the boys will get with their Nana will be invaluable. We love you Nana and are looking forward to a great summer together!





No comments:
Post a Comment