Riley's 2nd week of school did not go quite as smoothly as the first. Starting Tuesday he got remarkably clingier everyday with Thursday culminating as the clingiest day of the week. When he walked in and realized the first assignment of the day was a handwriting worksheet, he just lost it. Mrs. Barrett is so sweet and concerned about him. Each day she was worried about him and spent time to ask me if he was okay. On Friday, when he finally had a better day (he got a free dress day - no uniform day) Mrs. Barrett was sweet enought to notice and comment that she was super excited he had a better drop off.
He still continued to churn out the schoolwork, which I think was part of his stress. He's used to multiple play times at his old school and now he gets recess once a day and PE 3 days a week in addition and he's just not used to the larger amounts of classroom instruction time.
I sure do love to see his schoolwork though!
![]() |
| They've done through #7 so far. Bit of a repeat for Riley, but that's probably a good thing at this point. |
![]() |
| Art Project titled: Monster Mongrovelet. This Mom does not know what that means..... |
![]() |
| The dreaded handwriting worksheet that took Riley over the edge. |
![]() |
| He's getting really good at coloring things with many colors. |
Friday Riley was picked up by Ellie's dad, Justin. This week's activity was a trip to the museum, where Justin told Riley he would buy him something from the store and Riley picked out a $100 dinosaur. They compromised on a $10 whale. Justin then took them to get frozen yogurt, where Riley had chocolate topped with gummy bears.
Earlier in the week Riley went to Lowe's with Chad and when he saw that Lowe's was already selling their Halloween merchandise, he came straight home and asked if we could decorate. So, we now have our two small scarecrows from the pumpkin patch gaurding our front flower gardens and a skeleton, ghost and pumpkin clings on the front door.
Riley also decided that he wants to be a skeleton for Halloween, so we picked out a costume online and I bought it last week. Carter will either be a hand-me-down knight or a dragon, depending on which costume fits...
Yesterday we took the boys for haircuts. Riley got a mohawk style put in his. It's just a normal haircut, but they puts gobs of gel in to make a mohawk. Let's just say we are still trying to wash out the gel...but he does look super cute.
The weather has been glorious this weekend, but the cooler temps seem to have brought in my Fall allergies. Bummer....I thought I was exempt..... This was not enough to keep me off the river this morning. It was a beautiful day for rowing! I got a really hard workout in and felt nice and strong afterwards.
After our row we went to Grandmommy & Haha's to celebrate Haha, Rebecca and Muzzie's birthdays. We had a really nice lunch and it was great to visit with everyone. The boys got to play with some of Haha's grandfather's cast iron toys, like th cannon pictured below. Super cool!
Riley has also been obsessed with having a flag on the flagpost on our front porch, but we couldn't find one at the stores, so Grandmommy & Haha gave him a flag today. We sure are patriotic!!
On the way home from Grandmommy & haha's we ran by Nana's & Papa's and Riley ended up staying to play. He sure had a great time. I think he's really missing spending so much tiem over there since the summer is over.
I've got a super busy week coming up at work, with lots of big projects culminating at once. It will be good because I'm sure the week will fly by, but I have a feeling I will be exhausted by the end of it.














No comments:
Post a Comment