Sunday, September 16, 2012

An Inch Away From Being Potty-Trained

On Tuesday night I started a new group at The WARM Place, the Young Adult Group.  While I was with the young adults, Chad and the boys were having a great time at home.  Chad was watching PBS Great Performances and they were doing a documentary on The Met's performance of Wagner's Ring Cycle operas.  They were showing how the amazing set was created and Riley pops his head up to Chad while he was playing on the floor and informs Chad that he is building an opera set (just goes to show his little ears are always listening!).  When he was finished they took pictures of the set and Carter lit the set with a flashlight.  My children are geniuses!
 

 
 Riley did much better at school this week.  It was a 4 day week and they had no school (Waiver Day) on Friday.  Here's Riley's school work from the week.  I am impressed with his coloring.  He really gets time to be creative!
 



 
 
Carter is doing a better and better job at potty training and on Friday he finally put his poops in the potty (and he did it twice!)  We are super proud of him and know that in a few weeks this stressful potty-training time will mostly be behind us!
 
Papa picked the boys up on Friday after his morning doctor's appointment and I must brag on my dad because he has been making an effort to eat healthier over the past 6 months and he's lost 32 lbs and his BP was 120/72.  Super proud of him!
 
Friday night my work was going to the Ranger Game.  Nana and Papa joined us.  When the game started there was a steady drizzle coming down and it was pretty chilly out. 
 
 
You can't tell from this face, but the boys really wanted to be in the seats watching the game and not in the club suite eating free food and staying dry.  Luckily, the ushers had paper towels to dry our seats!
 

 
A few innings in and Riley was dying for cotton candy.  Chad took him to find some and Carter got ice cream in a little hat.  Riley spent the rest of the game coveting Carter's ice cream.
 

 
Carter did a super job at the game using the potty and Nana and Papa walked the boys around the stadium.  It was both of the boys' first time to go to a Ranger game and I think they enjoyed being at the stadium and eating concessions (both ate peanuts!) I think they didn't care much for watching the game (except when the Rangers hit a home run and there were fireworks!).  But it was fun to spend an evening with my parents and my co-workers.
 

 
Yesterday I woke up bright and early to get to the boathouse by 7:15am for the Steerhead Regatta an annual regatta hosted by the Fort Worth Rowing Club.  Chad stayed home with the boys and took them to Zander's 3rd Birthday Party at a fire station.  Looks like they had fun being firemen for a morning!
 



 
While they were having fun I was working the registration table at the regatta.
 
 
This is Lee explaining the course to the skullers at the morning safety meeting.
 
 
The club had to erect a 2nd dock to be able to handle all the skulls that were being put in at once.
 
 
FW Rowing Club members, putting in a quad.
 
 
The seniors quad.  3 of the 4 rowers are over the age of 77.  Wow!
 
 
Me and Miriam.  She's the VP of the club this year and we row together a lot.  She was in my student class last year.
 
 
After the regatta, I was exhausted and cranky.  I ate and took a shower and then napped for just over an hour.  I woke up and was feeling sluggish, so Carter and I stayed at home while Chad and Riley took the dogs for a walk and to the park.  Carter fell asleep on the couch and his position pretty much sums up how I felt yesterday evening.
 
 
Today's energy level is better, but I have felt so wiped out the last week.  I've been battling allergies that are threatening to be a cold and I've been so busy at work and at home that I pretty much collapse each night, just to wake up and do it all over again.  Usually I can keep up, but this past week it was hard.
 
Grammy had a biopsy done of a lump in her throat that we need to determine is cancerous or not.  That was on Thursday and we will hopefully get the results this week.  Muzzie also went into the hospital last week and is going to have to get some rehab to help her walk better as she has really been having difficulty.  Please keep both of these grandmothers in your prayers.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment