On Friday Justin spoiled Riley and Keller worse than they have ever been spoiled before. Justin bought them both guitars. Riley's guitar is beautiful and I really hopes he lets me sign him up for lessons, even though he tells me he already knows how to play.
The weekend was crazy busy because Chad was working most of the weekend in Denton. On Saturday I needed a little help so Haha watched the boys mid-day so I could have brunch with Hillary and then the Loveladys watched Carter in the afternoon so that I could take Riley to a school friend's birthday party. Carter got to go to the movies with Jason, Kate, Elizabeth & Zachary to see Wreck Em Ralph.
After their movie and Riley's party we met back up at the Lovelady house and Jason cooked dinner. While he cooked Liz let Riley apply some makeup to her face.
I also got to surprise Riley with his new Christmas PJ pants. They are reindeer skulls! And they are soooo soft!
The boys ended up spending the night and thankfully made the adjustment to Daylight Savings Time without much trouble.
On Sunday I took the boys to run a bunch of errands and we also had to do Riley's homework as a family. We had to decorate a scarecrow. I had a lot of fun doing this with Riley.
Tonight the boys are in rare hilarious form. Riley learned about the election at school and while Carter was taking a bath and Riley was waiting to take a shower we had this conversation:
Riley: Mom, did you vote?
Me: Yes.
Riley: Mom, who did you vote for?
Me: Obama, Barack Obama.
Riley: Oh, I don't like that man.
Me: You don't?
Riley: No, I like the other man.
Me: Mitt Romney.
Riley: Yea, Mitt Romney.
Me: Why do you like Mitt Romney?
Riley: Cause he's awesomer.
Soon after that conversation Carter got out of the bath and requested a band-aid. He's been asking for them a lot lately and if we learned anything from Ms Diana at TLCC it's that sometimes a band-aid is the answer. So I got him one and he proceeded to place it on his body. He had told me he needed it for his stomach, but in the moment he decided he really needed the band-aid on his nipple.

My poor Grammy is still hanging on and the waiting is really starting to wear on me. I know that if I am emotionally exhausted my parents must be beyond emotionally exhausted. Please pray that my Grammy pass peacefully into the Lord's arms and that my family is able to find solace in her absence.





No comments:
Post a Comment