October 22-26 was Red Ribbon Week at Lily B, which teaches the students about staying drug free. There were many theme days, such as silly slipper day and "I Can Be Anything I Want To Be" day where the kids were asked to dress up as their future career choice. Riley wants to be a Haunted House owner, of the Cutting Edge haunted house specifically. We pass by this haunted house every day on the way to school and there is a giant monster on the roof that the boys are obsessed with. Chad took Riley's career choice and ran with it. He made Riley a backstage owners pass for the haunted house, complete with a tiny flashlight on it, so he could see in the dark. What an amazing Dad he is!! Riley was so excited about his backstage pass that he wore it Wednesday night, the evening before the dress up day while he was at Grandmommy & Haha's.
| Grandmommy & Riley made ghosts to hang from the trees. |
While Riley was making ghosts for Grandmommy's trees and helping get her house decorated, Chad and I were at the Carrie Underwood concert. It was a great concert and I really enjoyed it. I also knew every single song she sang. I don't think I've ever been to a concert where I knew every song!
| A piece of the stage lifted up and went along a track over the floor seats. |
| Flying stage |
On Saturday night Nana & Papa had the boys over for a sleepover so that Chad & I could attend the wedding festivities of our friends, Lane & Mike. Nana & Papa took the boys to McDonald's where they enjoyed watching Tangled over chicken nuggets.
On Saturday morning they played on Nana's phone while Papa slept.
On Sunday evening we went to Grandmommy & Haha's to celebrate Grandmommy's birthday. We bought her a homemade ice cream maker for her birthday, along with all of the ingredients to make the first batch of ice cream. It was pretty yummy, and on Monday, Chad took Ellie, Cara and Riley to Grandmommy & Haha's for homemade ice cream sundaes (Riley had a milkshake).
Riley's school work. I love his drawings of animals. So good!
![]() |
| Fish |
![]() |
| Ant |
![]() |
| Haunted House |
![]() |
| Haunted House |
And a pumpkin from Carter:










No comments:
Post a Comment