Ruth Isabella Siewert
August 13, 1925-November 8, 2012
My Grammy finally let go her her will to live and died peacefully at her home on the evening of Thursday, November 8, 2012. That night Chad, the boys & I had gone to Grammy's to visit and the boys were running the hallway outside her room while Chad & I sat inside next to her. I have no doubt that she knew her family was nearby and that she was loved. We left her house around 8:00pm and just after 10:30pm, with both my mom and dad by her side, Grammy passed away.
My mom called the next morning to share the news and Chad and I headed that way after dropping both boys at their schools. We spent the day helping out and I assisted in writing Grammy's obituary and we went to the funeral home to help with the final arrangements and to ID her body one last time.
Today my uncle Dana, and cousins Ryan and Tyler fly in from North Dakota and tomorrow we will be having a visitation at Grammy's apartment. This summer we hope to gather the entire family in Minnesota to bury half of Grammy's ashes next to her husband in Hamburg, Minnesota and then to spread the other half of her ashes at Cass Lake, also in Minnesota.
I'll miss you my Grammy. I'll love you forever. Thank you for loving me unconditionally and for loving my husband and boys as well.
 |
| Grammy and Riley at The Stockyards |
 |
| Christmas Eve at Grammys |
 |
| Grammy and Carter Jake - meeting for the first time |
 |
| Brunch at Lucile's |
 |
| Grammy ringing the bell after completing chemo and radiation |
 |
| Grammy and her radiation mask |
 |
| At a family dinner at Japanese Palace |
 |
| In Grammy's pink chair on a taco dinner night |
 |
| Chad assisting with tacos |
 |
| Chad & Grammy |
 |
| Carter playing at Grammy's |
 |
| Grammy and Riley at Grammy's bar |
 |
| Grammy, Carter, Riley & Nana at Grammy's bar |
 |
| Nana took the boys to visit Grammy frequently this summer |
 |
| Grammy & Carter |
 |
| Riley (behind) and Grammy |
 |
| Feeding the birds the last time Grammy got to visit with the boys |
 |
| Riley's art with Grammy, Sarah & Carolyn |
 |
| Riley's letter about how he's going to miss Grammy. We all will, my sweet boy. |
 |
| Beautiful lady |
No comments:
Post a Comment