Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Good Spring Break

The boys were lucky to get to spend most of Spring Break last week playing at Nana's house.  If the below picture is any indication, they had a great time, as this was taken on the way home Monday, where Carter fell asleep during the 5 minute drive.

  
On Wednesday the boys had dentist appointments.  Nana met me there with the boys and Carter was called back first.  We spent over 40 minutes waiting in a back room for the dentist.  I know they do this for the little ones so they don't get freaked out by watching older kids have dental procedures done, but Carter was really getting antsy waiting for so long.  Eventually, he just sat on the bench and held my hand.


Carter's appointment went fine.  They always have to find something to pick on.  This time it was that I need to be flossing his teeth.  While we were waiting Riley was called back and Nana joined him.  She texted me info from the hygienist and took this photo for me.  Riley did a super job letting them clean his teeth. 

  
On Wednesday night the boys spent the night with Nana & Papa so that Chad & I could go to the Granada to see Josh Ritter in concert.  My BFF Tracy, introduced me to his music and it was love at first listen.  This was my second time to see him at the Granada.  Last time we had standing room tickets, but this time I bought tickets the day they went on sale and we got front row balcony reserved seats.  This is the way to see a show at Granada!  I don't know if I'll be able to do it any other way from here on out.  My 5'2" self does not enjoy standing or sitting far back because inevitably someone tall stands or sits right in front of me.



  
Unfortunately, Nana got sick on Thursday night and so I offered to take the day off on Friday and stay home with the boys.  We slept in until 8:30am, and then we got dressed and went to Bluebonnet for donuts.  We then brought Chad a donut at work before heading to ride the Forest Park Mini Train.  Riley finagled his way to the front row of the train.  He  knows how to get his way!  After the train ride we picked Chad up for lunch at Pappas Burger before heading home for naps and rest time.




We spent Friday evening hanging out at Mike and Christina's.  They got a bounce house and they cooked out hot dogs.  The weather was fabulous and we really enjoyed visiting with them.

On Saturday morning we (I) grumpily rolled out of bed for an 8:30am soccer game.  Luckily, it wasn't as cold as 2 weeks ago, but Riley still insisted on wearing pants and a his hoodie.  He kept trying to play goalie and I reminded him there wasn't a goalie and he responded "I'm just guarding it!!!"


Carter snuggled with me in a blanket and took some photos of us while the game was going on.



  
Of course one of the best parts is the snacks at the end of the game, followed by visiting with friends.

  
With the game being so earlym we felt like we had the whole day in front of us.  We spent some time hanging in the front yard and the boys picked me flowers from the "garden."  So sweet.  

  
The rest of the weekend was very relaxing.  We laid in the hammock while the boys played in the water table, and then we had the Lovelady's and Hayes' over to grill for dinner.  Sunday we got everything done around the house and continued to relax.  It was a really nice weekend.  And on Saturday we even got the boys to each eat a carrot!!!  Amazing!  And last night Riley ate corn.  We are really working on eating more vegetables and it seems to be slowly paying off!

It was hard to go back to work/school yesterday, but thankfully I seem to have finally gotten over the time change.  Yesterday after school Riley took the carpool to the Japanese Gardens.  Looks like they had a great time!


 




 And finally a small bit of Riley's schoolwork.  George Washington and the Statue of Liberty.




No comments:

Post a Comment