Last Friday after work Chad & I took the boys to see The Croods. It was so funny and we all really enjoyed it. This photo is worth a 1,000 words!

When we got home we ordered Pizza Hut for dinner. A couple hours after dinner Riley was complaining about his tummy hurting and I felt slightly nauseous as well. Carter wanted to sleep upstairs with Riley so we pulled out the trundle bed and put them to bed. We could hear Carter playing and then he said he wanted to sleep in his own bed so we brought him downstairs. A few minutes later we heard Riley crying and then a big coughing sound. Chad went up to check on Ry and he was throwing up in his sleep! Chad called out for help and while Chad cleaned up the upstairs, I put Riley in the shower and cleaned him up. I tried not to get sick myself and eventually was able to get back in bed. Carter must has had a premonition because if he had stayed upstairs he would have been covered in upchuck. I tried to hold out as long as I could, but by 1am, I was up and sick also. I spent most of Saturday miserable in bed. Thankfully, Riley woke up feeling good and Chad took the boys to Riley's soccer game. It was all I could do to get dressed nice and go to the Lily B 'Art Rocks' auction that night at TCU. Hence the glass of Sprite in my hand below. Food poisoning is for the birds.
Thankfully, the auction was a lot of fun and even though I wasn't 100% I still had a great time.
The boys spent the night with Liz & Zachary and the next morning we went over for pancakes and to pick them up. Carter had quite a time juggling his breakfast!
This week was a gear up for all the Easter festivities. Lily B does a Spring Bonnet Parade every year and this year Riley's assignment was to make a Vocabulary Hat. Riley's vocabulary word was "shimmering" and he and Chad made this awesome hat. When Chad picked Riley up yesterday his teacher said he wore his hat all day long! Adorable!
Last night the boys had a sleepover at Grandmommy & Haha's. Grandmommy & Riley went on an adventure to World Market in search of a Chinese dragon kite. Riley knew that Chad wouldn't buy it for him the other day so he must have gotten Grandmommy to buy it! His face in this photo is a 100% Chad expression down to the crossed leg and everything!!!
Carter had fun blowing bubbles out of his pipe! Haha! Little old man!
Riley is getting better at writing on his own at school. I had to have him translate this letter, but once I knew what he wrote, I could tell how hard he worked to sound out the words! It says: "Dear Easter Bunny. I like the egg."

Lots of fun activities going on this weekend so I am going to try and post again when the weekend is over.







No comments:
Post a Comment