Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Chocolate Clown

Last Thursday and Friday my company sponsored two days of volunteering with Habitat For Humanity.  We were encouraged to sign up to work on one of the 2 days.  The past 2 years we have done framing and worked on the first few days of the build.  This year we did siding and exterior finish, which is at the end of the build schedule.  I really enjoyed the switch.




  
On Friday we had our usual donuts at Bluebonnet breakfast and I just want to share my chocolate clown with you.  This is what he looks like every week.  I've taken to bringing baby wipes in with me because regular napkins just won't clean this face.


The boys had a sleepover at Grandmommy & Haha's on Friday night and Riley got to experience the jets in the bathtub.  He loved them, but Carter vacated the bath out of fear.

  
We picked the boys up on Saturday in time for Riley's soccer game.  I need to figure out ways to get Riley to stop being so afraid to get in there and go for the ball.....



  
After the game we went for some Chick Fil A and then went to Fort Worth Running Company because my right heel had been hurting and I suspected I needed new running shoes.  They had me run on a treadmill to check my gait and then I bought these sweet Asics with gel insoles.  Feel amazing and also look super cute.


 Chad even bought himself a pair of shoes and while we shopped the boys played dragons with these strange little seat posture things.


We then we to Fort Worth Camera and Target and by the time we finally headed home this guy was flat out exhausted, Gatorade mustache and all!


I lucked out on a bunch of new recipes this week and on Saturday night I made these amazing beef tenderloin tacos.  YUM.

  
On Sunday I ran and we spent some time getting the backyard ready for Spring and then that evening we went to Wyatt's 1st Birthday Party.

  
As seems to be Jung boy tradition, he was not too sure about his smash cake.


  
So his Mom and Dad helped him out a bit.


  
But my favorite moment by far was when he got on the present we gave him, (in addition to some college $$) a Thomas train!!  Riley and Carter were sweet enough to pass this train down to Wyatt to help him learn to walk.  How cute is this little bug-a-boo?

  
Carter also had a milestone of sorts.....his first Dr. Pepper.  Chad let him choose a drink from the cooler and instead of water he chose a Dr. Pepper.  Looks to me like he enjoyed it.  Jake would be so proud.



On Monday I got a call from the school nurse at Lily B.  Riley had fallen in the school bathroom and hit his head on the floor.  He had a bump on the back of his head, and seemed to be okay, but anytime there is a head injury they alert the parents, just in case.  I informed Haha since he was picking Riley up and when I picked him up he did in fact have a golf ball sized bump on the back of his head!  He had also had a small nosebleed at Haha's, which freaked me out, but overall he seemed okay.  He's gone to bed with a soft ice pack the last two nights, but seems to be recovering.  The next day I found out he was in the bathroom with a friend from his class, so who knows what they were up to!  I'm just glad he wasn't seriously hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment