Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Getting Healthy Again

My bashful Carter sure has been making me smile lately.  




Almost every night Chad and I will pause the TV while in the middle of watching a show to listen to Carter talking to himself in bed before he goes to sleep.  Sweet boy has such a great imagination and can take just about anything (but preferably, a tiny anything) and make believe with it.  Wish I knew what he was going to grow up to be one day.

I should have known when I took a three hour nap on Easter that something was up.  Turns out I was getting a middle ear infection.  1 trip to the doctor later and I've been on steroids and amoxicillin.  These babies were making me have loads of energy last week, which was super helpful for my work day.
 

I've also started a new exercise regimen these days.  It's the Couch to 5K and as you can see from the below photo, I've completed Week 1 Day 1 and Week 1 Day 2.  I've never been a runner per se, but I've also never given myself a chance to learn how to run.  My office conveniently has a locker room and so I plan to run on the trails at lunch, with the occasional weekend run thrown in for good measure.  The greatness behind this program is that you only run 3 days a week for 30 minutes, which will still give me time to row 1 or 2 times during the week (as long as it would quit raining and/or being cold and/or windy!).  So far it's been great and I feel great.  I've also been eating tons of fresh fruits and vegetables and eating smaller meals throughout the day and drinking tons of water.  Here's to good health!


On Friday Chad & I had a very charming evening with the Fort Worth Opera.  They hosted a welcome event for their artists at Rockwood Golf Course and in addition to being catered by Uncle Julio's with yummy cupcakes by The Original Cupcakery, we enjoyed visiting with the artists and met the family of one of this season's stars and are looking forward to getting to know them better as the season progresses.  The boys had a blast on the putting green as well as playing "factory" in the trees.
 


Saturday was a very busy day for me.  Started with a cut and color with TJ, went straight to Riley's soccer game and then took Riley to a birthday party before heading to Nana & Papa's to pick up Carter and help Nana hang pictures in her room.  Riley took some pictures of his tongue at the birthday party.  It was blue from his drink. 


Carter was sweet to help us hang pictures in Nana's room.  Nana and Papa moved their bedroom to the back room, which is really the master bedroom so all their frames needed to be re-hung.
 


Carter also had fun swinging in the backyard before we headed home.


Sunday was Crafting Collective and this month we made hanging herb gardens.  Mine is already trying to die.  I'm not the best at plants......

 

We also had some fun braiding hair.  Here's my fishtail bun and you can also see my fresh color from TJ, which in this light looks a lot blonder and less red than it does in person.
 


Riley and I had fun crafting the other night before bed and making this lumi-light toy for his bedroom.  It's also 3D, hence the glasses.  He's getting a lot better at reading and has been reading some Level 1 books with me at night. 
 

Last night at soccer practice Nell came and took photos of the boys and shared the files with us so that we wouldn't have to pay for the expensive soccer packages.  All the boys were in rare form at practice and almost none had their listening ears on, so it made for a long practice, but boy do they look cute in these photos.
 


Speaking of cute, albeit expensive photos, Riley's Spring photos came home from Lily B yesterday.  These are the photos where they take them and then send them home and then ask you to pay for them if you want to keep them.  I just snapped this pic and sent them all back.  But boy, what a cute Mr. Rogers look-alike he makes in his Lily B cardigan.  Adorable!!  Also, I think it's high time we retire the 4T pants.....That's quite a flood going on. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment