Friday, April 26, 2013

Mom, That's Not Necessary!

Last week the boys spent the night with Grandmommy & Haha and they went downtown to the library.  First they helped pay the meter!


  
Before they left the library they found the bean bag chairs and took a rest break!



And before bed they built Lego towers.



  
Last Thursday was Riley's KG program at Lily B.  They were to wear their "Sunday Best".  How cute is he???

  
While we waited in the auditorium I let Carter play with my phone.  Looks like he played some Temple Run.

  
Riley did such a good job in the program.  Sang and participated, did hand movements, etc.  I was super proud of him!





  
Last Friday night Chad and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary a few days early.  We went to the Modern to see a movie To The Wonder that our friend Charles Baker was in.  Then we went to WATERS for dinner.  It was a great night!  Chad got me 2 new pairs of TOMS shoes for our anniversary and I got him a bicycle, which, with the help of my parents, was waiting in the garage for him when we got home from our date.  He took it on a spin as soon as he saw it!


On Saturday Riley had a soccer game and afterwards he and Carter went to Nana & Papa's to play.  Chad and I went to a public library sale where we found these gems:


  
On Sunday while I went to the grocery store Chad took the boys up to Bass Hall to check in on a lighting call.  One of his crew members took this photo of them sitting in the theater.

  
Sunday afternoon Chad decided that he needed some biking buddies so we took the boys to Toys R Us to pick out bikes.  Riley got a Skylanders Giants bike and Carter got a green Tony Hawk bike.  




  
Riley has really gotten obsessed with his Carlos the Cow stuffed animal this week.  The books we bought from the library sale came in a box and Riley decided he wanted to make the box into a bed for Carlos.  He then brought Carlos in the car each morning and left him in my car with imaginary hay and milk to drink throughout the day.  Riley told me that his friends didn't believe about Carlos so I suggested that we take some photos of Carlos that he could bring to school and show his friends.  Here is Carlos eating with a snake, watching TV from his box bed, laying in his box bed next to Riley and getting a hug.




  
At school Riley is doing a good job trying to write out sentences.  While I cannot translate them sometimes, I wrote out what he wrote this week:  "I here wind" "I am doing a chore" and "I have a little brother"

  
We are in the midst of the opera festival, which means long nights of "single mom" duty for me.  Luckily, the boys have been pretty good, so we've had a good time.  This week they did a little sword fight for me before bathtime.

  
This week Haha got out Chad's old castle at his house for the boys to play with.  How fun!  We had all the knights at our house so they made a trip back to Haha's so they could be with their castle.  Carter walked right in without ever seeing the castle before and immediately knew how to turn the drawbridge down.

  
Last night while I was at the opera watching Chad's dress rehearsal, Riley got to go on a date with his teacher.  Papa won this for him at the Lily B auction.  A couple of other boys from his class went too.  He told Grandmommy it was "delicious!"

When I told him about it on the way to school yesterday, he responded "Mom, that's not necessary!"  I think he thought that since he had pulled tab and gotten in trouble earlier in the week that I had arranged for his teacher to take him to dinner to talk about it.  I explained that it was a prize and then he was excited.






I'm now 3 weeks in to C25K and so far so good, although I really wish I could see some pounds peel off....  My heel has been making a strange popping sound when I walk down stairs or rotate my foot in a circle.  I was worried it was my Achilles and I was going to really hurt myself, so today I called the doctor and since it doesn't hurt when it pops, I am now icing my heel for 10-15 minutes after each run.  If it's still popping after a while, I am to call back and be referred to an orthopedist.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment