Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Marvelous Monday with the Funday Club

Last week Jake Remembered Rewarded 4 scholarships to graduating Seniors at WHHS.  It always feels so great to go back and give these scholarships.  We had a record number of applicants this year, which was really nice.

 
  
On Saturday we took Riley to a birthday party and then boys went to Nana & Papa's to spend the rest of the day and night.  They talked Nana & Papa into taking them to the bookstore to buy dinosaurs that you excavate our of dirt like a real paleontologist.

 



  
While the boys were getting spoiled Chad & I went to a Volunteer Appreciation Lunch at The WARM Place.  It was nice to take Chad inside the place that I have been volunteering for 2.5 years now.  And we ran into an old friend from the TCU days who also volunteers there!  Small world!

  
Saturday night Chad & I went to Gexa Energy Pavilion to see the KXT Summer Cut Music Festival.  I was mostly excited about the headlining band, The Avett Brothers.  It was a nice night spent with friends, although I could have done without the rain that came through right before The Avett Brothers took the stage.



On Monday I took the day off to volunteer at Riley's school for Marvelous Monday.  It is a full day of Cultural Arts and I was a classroom volunteer in Riley's class, so I got to spend the entire day going to all of the workshops with his class.  The first workshop was jui jitsu and karate.  These kiddos were hilarious!





 The next workshop was ballet and Riley was REALLY not into that one.


 Then we saw Stage West's performance of A Kite's Tale and afterwards the kids got to trt on the actor's masks.


Thankfully lunch came next followed by some African drumming and then the final workshop of making ShrinkyDinks (of which I have no photos because I was so busy helping the kids!)

 


  
After school Chad & I took Riley, Carter, Ellie, Cara & Keller to see EPIC at the Movie Tavern and celebrate the last Monday of the school year.


Ellie was super sweet to watch out for Carter on the escalator.


  
Then we met the parents back up at Lily B for Cultural Arts Night where the kids got to do more art and we enjoyed sno cones and visiting with friends.

  
I can't believe the school year is coming to a close.  Riley has made some real progress this last month in writing his own words and sounding out how words are spelled.  Here is his piece he did on Finding Nemo.





No comments:

Post a Comment