Riley has officially graduated from kindergarten! Man the first year of elementary went so fast! Here's the sweet boy on his final day of the school year.

He got a certificate for completing kindergarten, a citizenship award and the one I am most proud of: a perfect attendance award!
To compare, here is his first day of KG (on left) and last day (on right).
On Saturday the boys came to cheer me on as I ran my first 5K. I wasn't too sure about this bib number.....
But I finished with an official time of 41:57.
And I couldn't have done it without my running/work buddy, Kelly.
As prizes in the race goodie bag, they gave these weekly pill boxes and the boys are obsessed with them. I realized too late that these might not be a good playtoy, but Carter can't stop storing his tiny treasures in his.
Summer with Nana officially started on Monday. Riley started his 3rd summer of mini camp at Kids Who Care and I am proud to say that for the first time he got onstage and auditioned, he has 2 lines is the show and he is having a great time!
Monday was Favorite Color Day so Riley of course wore green! And he is on the Green Team.
Tuesday was Pajama Day. Riley wore his piranha pajamas and his Spiderman slippers and made silly faces.
We really had to plan for yesterday, which was Pirates and Pixies Day. Riley wanted to be Captain Hook. Chad and I went back and forth all day about buying him a costume and after work we suggested to Riley that we find his costume pieces at home. He balked at first, but then I asked him to draw me a picture of what the costume should look like.
A hat with a feather was essential, so a cowboy hat and a feather torn off an old craft fit the bill. Captain Hook must wear a red jacket and his Lily B sweater made the cut. We also turned baseball pants into pirate pants and cowboys boots worked for shoes. We added a hook, a belt, an eyepatch and a tick tock croc and the ensemble was complete! Of course, I now have no photos of him in the actual costume!
While Riley and Liz enjoy mini camp, Carter and Zachary have been in Zoo Camp all week. Carter had a rough time at drop off the first day and didn't want to wear the required zoo t-shirt, but he stayed. It's his first official camp and I can't tell if he likes it or not. He acts like he doesn't want to go when we talk about it each morning, but then he goes and supposedly is happy when he leaves, so I don't know.
And of course they are having fun at Nana's too. Riley has been dying to get the pool out and Nana obliged on the first day of summer!
I voted this sweek for the first time in a FWISD school board election. A new candidate is running and her viewpoints really speak to me, so I went out to give her support in the run-off election.
I'm loving that it's summer and the boys don't have to go to bed so early or get up so early. It's made the nights more enjoyable and I love just relaxing with them. We finally got Oz The Great and Powerful on DVD and we let them watch it last night and Riley wasn't scared! He's growing up.
I also have every intention of continuing to get up and workout each morning (lunch time workouts are out since it's so HOT.) Monday and Tuesday I was way tired as I didn't sleep well (middle of the night power outage didn't help things Monday night) but yesterday Chad made sure I got up to run and today I got up and did some early morning yoga. Pray I can keep it up over these hot months so that I can keep building on this good thing I have going. I'm now down 5 lbs total and only 4 lbs from my first goal weight. It's a weight I haven't seen since college. I can do it!
Here's some random sweet pics of Carter enjoying the summer.
![]() |
| Lego tires: the latest obsession |


























No comments:
Post a Comment