Last weekend my Uncle Ree was in town. On Friday night we went out to eat at Mellow Mushroom. It was really good to see him!
Riley finished his 3rd summer of KWC Mini Camp on Saturday. Here is his team - the Green Team (aka the Green Tick Tock Crocs)
Riley did so good in the performance and said both of his 2 lines right on cue! I was so unbelievably impressed with him! He did SUCH a great job!
On Father's Day Chad had to work all day and Papa was out of town so the boys and I had a day together, just the 3 of us! We started with hair cuts and then had lunch at Whataburger. We followed that up with shopping for Papa's Father's Day gift and then went grocery shopping.
The boys were very well-behaved while we ran our errands so at the grocery store we got some pool toys.
And of course we had to break them in!!
On Monday Carter started a week of Museum School. Zachary was in his class and Elizabeth was in another class. Riley will get to go to museum school next month so he and Nana had some one-on-one time!
Carter's session was called 'Out in the Country' and here is his artwork he brought home.
The pot of dirt has "corn seeds" in it and we planted it in the front yard, but we think an animal already dug it up! He also got to hold a mouse yesterday! I think they talked about corn a lot because we ate corn on the cob for dinner this week and Carter told us that he couldn't eat it because "It's for playing with at museum school. So you see, that how it works."
Riley also did his own art this week. He and Nana went to Michaels one day and spent over an hour deciding what art project to do. Riley settled on this boat (he's calling it The Dawntreader), which Nana helped him assemble and then he painted it. I like the green face on the sail!
Yesterday in Nana's backyard Riley picked up a piece of bark only to find a family of rolly pollies underneath: babies, mommies and daddies!
And today I got the following photos from Nana:
No shortage of fun to be had at Nana's!
I've also got a new running buddy for these hot summer days. Jason started running with me very early in the mornings in our neighborhoods. I'm learning that my neighborhood is teeming with wildlife in the very early morning hours. On the first day we saw 5 bunnies and an armadillo. Today however, while running a dead end street by a natural area, we saw a bobcat run across the road in front of us. Of course, I immediately started to freak out and insist that we turn back. Jason, on the other hand wanted to see the bobcat. It had run to a side of the road where there was a fence blocking it's way, so I worried that it was just sitting there waiting to do this:
We ran a few steps closer and then finally turned around and then I kept feeling a need to look over my shoulder on the way back down the street. It definitely got my adrenaline pumping for sure! Needless to say, I'm debating whether we should take this route again, so early in the AM. Thankfully, on the way back we saw 3 bunnies and they were much cuter and way less terrifying.






























No comments:
Post a Comment