Monday, March 31, 2014

Art, Auctions and Allergies

Finally the weather is looking up and getting warmer!  We've been spending a lot of time on our porch and enjoying every minute of it.  Last week Carter and I hung on the porch while we waited for Chad & Riley to get home.  Perfect Lego-building weather.  This boy could build Legos all day long if you would let him.  He is always pulling out a bin of Legos in his room or Riley's room and building things.  I even think he wakes up in the middle of the night sometimes and plays Legos.


A lot has been happening the last week or so, but I sure didn't capture many pictures of it!  Jason and I have had to switch our running schedules and it's getting harder to find times.  On our last run my heel started hurting again so I figured I needed to replace my shoes.  I was right and I bought these beauties last week.

  
Chad attended the USITT conference in Fort Worth this week and on Thursday we had a mini-TCU reunion with a few of his old TCU theatre major friends.  We walked up to Finn McCool's for drinks and finished the night over Heavenly Chicken at Chadra Mezza.  It was a super fun night and we really enjoyed ourselves.  On our walk home we saw some beautiful flowering trees and had to take photos.

  
While these flowering trees sure are pretty, Riley's allergies were in full-on attack mode yesterday.  Poor guy had a runny nose, itchy eyes and kept sneezing all day.  We tried Allegra (which didn't work) and then Claritin (which eventually worked) and also he took a shower to wash his hair and the allergens off.  It sure took me back to when I used to have horrible allergy attacks growing up.  I have a feeling if this continues to be a problem, we'll be visiting an allergist before too long.

Saturday was the Mistletoe Heights and Berkeley Place Neighborhood Garage Sale Day.  We had been waiting for this day since we moved in because our garage was FULL of everything we weren't sure would fit in the house.  We spent the weekend before prepping items and then by 7am we were up and running on Saturday.  The Zoo Run was happening that day and there were lots and lots of cars all day long.  We went from 7 tables of items down to 1 that we ended up boxing back up and we sold all the large items we had except a twin size mattress.  It was great!

We were tired, but that night we got dressed up to attend the Lily B Clayton Spring Auction.  This year it was at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History and we had a great time hanging with friends and bidding on auction items.  We won most of the things we really wanted and we had so much fun.  We even stayed up late for a sponsored after-party in the neighborhood.  Good times.  Here is a piece of artwork that Chad & I really liked, but couldn't afford to bid on.

  
Keeping with the art theme, at the after party, my friend Angel, brought her sketchbook and sketched me.  So cool!  She's very talented!!


Riley surprised me on Friday morning by showing me he could whistle!   I video-ed it and now I catch him whistling all the time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment