On Tuesday morning Riley was still sick so I stayed home with him in the morning. Chad had a meeting, but came home afterwards so I could get a half day in at the office. Besides the unexplained low grade fever and saying his tummy hurt on Sunday night, he just acted tired, but would have mysterious bouts of energy and then go back to laying around. He didn’t run a fever after 4am on Tuesday, so by Wednesday he was able to go back to school. He still didn’t eat very well, but other than that he seemed to be doing okay.
Riley did make sure that Chad & I got our exercise in last week. His stroller is in the garage and he kept pulling it out last week and asking that we take him on a walk. We walk for about 30 minutes each time on the route we take and Riley really enjoys sitting in his stroller and looking around for birds and cats and whatever. Both Chad & I took him on three walks last week. The first walk was just me and Riley, the second and third were me, Chad, Riley and the dogs, and the last walk was Chad, Riley and our friend Dallas. I wish the weather would stay cooler as I really like taking Riley on these walks.
On Wednesday night my parents came over and helped us put together the headboard and footboard for Riley’s big boy bed. The crib is officially gone! (Well, the mattress is on the floor in his room so he can play on it until I can get him a small table or something for that empty area.) It looks really good and Riley really likes it. He likes to stand on the bed and hold the footboard, while bouncing up and down. Here is a photo of the finished product:
Riley did make sure that Chad & I got our exercise in last week. His stroller is in the garage and he kept pulling it out last week and asking that we take him on a walk. We walk for about 30 minutes each time on the route we take and Riley really enjoys sitting in his stroller and looking around for birds and cats and whatever. Both Chad & I took him on three walks last week. The first walk was just me and Riley, the second and third were me, Chad, Riley and the dogs, and the last walk was Chad, Riley and our friend Dallas. I wish the weather would stay cooler as I really like taking Riley on these walks.
On Wednesday night my parents came over and helped us put together the headboard and footboard for Riley’s big boy bed. The crib is officially gone! (Well, the mattress is on the floor in his room so he can play on it until I can get him a small table or something for that empty area.) It looks really good and Riley really likes it. He likes to stand on the bed and hold the footboard, while bouncing up and down. Here is a photo of the finished product:
But he quickly got freaked out and ran to me to sit in my lap. I was sitting on the floor in front with Ethan’s mom, Krystal and so Riley sat in my lap and we sang the songs from there:
After the singing, the party continued in the courtyard and the fellowship hall. We started out with some bouncing in the pirate bounce house with Aiden:
After his first bounce we went and got some food and Riley actually ate really well for the first time since he had been sick. He was really chowing down on his hotdog and I was so excited that I had to take pictures:
He also ate a chocolate cupcake too and really seemed to enjoy it as he had icing all over his face!
(These are pre icing-everywhere shots! He even had cake on his eyelids!)
After we ate we bounced again and then went in to the fellowship hall where Riley and I decorated a pirate hat and a pirate sword:

Riley was really excited about handing me these little jewels that were in a egg carton:
I tried to get him to model his pirate hat, but he would take it off right away. We did manage to get this quick pic as he was removing the hat:
They also had a cut-out of a pirate that you could put your head in, so here’s Riley the pirate!
After crafts Riley wanted to bounce in the bounce house again. He waited his turn very patiently with Daddy outside the bounce house:
This last time he bounced we realized that if Chad stood on one side of the bounce house and I stood on the other that Riley would walk back and forth between us instead of staying on one side and wanting to hold our hands through the netting. Here is one last picture of Riley enjoying the bounce house:
On Saturday, I woke up early with Riley and then at 9:45am I left to cash in my Mother’s Day present. Chad & Riley got me a 4 Hands Massage at Perfect Touch and I went to redeem it. While I thoroughly enjoyed it, I told Chad that I wouldn’t want one of those every time. That for most times I would rather have two massages with one therapist, than one massage with two therapists. But don’t get me wrong, I totally enjoyed it and it really started my weekend off right. After my massage I met up with Chad & Riley for lunch. After lunch I took Riley home and put him down for a nap while Chad ran some errands, after Chad got home I went shopping with my parents under the guise that my mom & I were Father’s Day shopping for my Dad. We were actually Father’s Day shopping for Chad…(more on that later…)
After shopping I met up with the guys back home (who were just finishing a walk with Riley…see above), and I say guys, because we had an extra guy joining us on Saturday night. Chad’s good friend, Dallas came down to visit us from Oklahoma where he is working right now for some military officer training. We had not seen Dallas since our wedding 5 years ago!!! In those five years, Dallas also got married, joined the army and had twin boys, who are now almost 3! He had never met Riley or seen our house and so it was so nice to catch up and have an old friend in town. Chad and Dallas went to TCU together so we went up to the campus to see what all had changed. We went into the theaters and saw Dallas’ and Chad’s names on some awards plaques in the theatre lobby. Then we walked out to the new Student Center and Dallas was shocked at the number of dorms in the middle of campus now. In fact, he was sort of annoyed by it! We also went and walked through the new rec center because the last time Dallas was here he saw it from the outside, but not the inside. By the time we were finished walking, we were all hot and hungry so we met up with Kate and my sweet baby god-daughter, Elizabeth and had some dinner at Pappasitos. It was sweet to watch Dallas with Riley because you can tell he really misses his little boys! He pulled out his iPhone at dinner and was showing Riley some Wiggles videos on it:

I also got this great photo of Chad & Dallas at dinner!

On the way out of dinner, Dallas put Ry on his shoulders and I think Dallas enjoyed it more than Riley!

On Sunday morning we woke up and all got ready and took Dallas to have breakfast at Yogi’s. It was so yummy and we sat outside and enjoyed the nice morning weather. After that we went back home to hang out and Dallas ended up heading back to Oklahoma. He is there a few more weeks and we told him to come back another weekend before he leaves. We loved having him!
After Riley’s nap (Chad & I both took naps too! LOVE IT!) we went grocery shopping and then my parents met us at our house to help us set up Chad’s Father’s Day present. I know it’s not Father’s Day until June 21st, but Chad has to work all day on Father’s Day, my parents are traveling right before Father’s Day and I am just impatient when I am really excited about a present! We all chipped in and got Chad a new TV for our bar room. He watches TV in there a lot when he is cooking or having breakfast with Riley and so I was really excited to get this for him. He was really excited about it too. Unfortunately, while we were setting it up, my mom took a drink of her Diet Coke and passed out on us. This is the third time this has happened to her in the past 10 years, but it still freaks us all out when it happens. I have seen it happen every time, my dad has witnessed the last two times, but this was Chad & Riley’s first time to see it and it scared them both a lot! We were all very relieved when she came back around and after talking to her doctor about it today she will not be drinking anymore carbonated/caffeinated drinks in the hopes that this will stop it from happening!
After the scare, the boys went back to hanging the TV and I made everyone dinner. Yesterday, after work we went to Chad’s parents house for dinner and had a great time catching up with Blake and Rebecca, who we hadn’t seen since they returned from their honeymoon. We also had a great time catching up with Chad’s aunt Michele and his cousins Christina and Jessica. Before we knew it bathtime was upon us so we headed home where I got a big surprise in the tub while Riley bathed…..he pooped in the tub! Ahhhh! Needless to say, that was the end of bathtime and I did not have a fun time fishing that out!!!
We’ve got a busy week this week of swim lessons starting and my high school reunion this weekend, so next week’s blog should be a good one!
After we ate we bounced again and then went in to the fellowship hall where Riley and I decorated a pirate hat and a pirate sword:
After shopping I met up with the guys back home (who were just finishing a walk with Riley…see above), and I say guys, because we had an extra guy joining us on Saturday night. Chad’s good friend, Dallas came down to visit us from Oklahoma where he is working right now for some military officer training. We had not seen Dallas since our wedding 5 years ago!!! In those five years, Dallas also got married, joined the army and had twin boys, who are now almost 3! He had never met Riley or seen our house and so it was so nice to catch up and have an old friend in town. Chad and Dallas went to TCU together so we went up to the campus to see what all had changed. We went into the theaters and saw Dallas’ and Chad’s names on some awards plaques in the theatre lobby. Then we walked out to the new Student Center and Dallas was shocked at the number of dorms in the middle of campus now. In fact, he was sort of annoyed by it! We also went and walked through the new rec center because the last time Dallas was here he saw it from the outside, but not the inside. By the time we were finished walking, we were all hot and hungry so we met up with Kate and my sweet baby god-daughter, Elizabeth and had some dinner at Pappasitos. It was sweet to watch Dallas with Riley because you can tell he really misses his little boys! He pulled out his iPhone at dinner and was showing Riley some Wiggles videos on it:
I also got this great photo of Chad & Dallas at dinner!
On the way out of dinner, Dallas put Ry on his shoulders and I think Dallas enjoyed it more than Riley!
On Sunday morning we woke up and all got ready and took Dallas to have breakfast at Yogi’s. It was so yummy and we sat outside and enjoyed the nice morning weather. After that we went back home to hang out and Dallas ended up heading back to Oklahoma. He is there a few more weeks and we told him to come back another weekend before he leaves. We loved having him!
After Riley’s nap (Chad & I both took naps too! LOVE IT!) we went grocery shopping and then my parents met us at our house to help us set up Chad’s Father’s Day present. I know it’s not Father’s Day until June 21st, but Chad has to work all day on Father’s Day, my parents are traveling right before Father’s Day and I am just impatient when I am really excited about a present! We all chipped in and got Chad a new TV for our bar room. He watches TV in there a lot when he is cooking or having breakfast with Riley and so I was really excited to get this for him. He was really excited about it too. Unfortunately, while we were setting it up, my mom took a drink of her Diet Coke and passed out on us. This is the third time this has happened to her in the past 10 years, but it still freaks us all out when it happens. I have seen it happen every time, my dad has witnessed the last two times, but this was Chad & Riley’s first time to see it and it scared them both a lot! We were all very relieved when she came back around and after talking to her doctor about it today she will not be drinking anymore carbonated/caffeinated drinks in the hopes that this will stop it from happening!
After the scare, the boys went back to hanging the TV and I made everyone dinner. Yesterday, after work we went to Chad’s parents house for dinner and had a great time catching up with Blake and Rebecca, who we hadn’t seen since they returned from their honeymoon. We also had a great time catching up with Chad’s aunt Michele and his cousins Christina and Jessica. Before we knew it bathtime was upon us so we headed home where I got a big surprise in the tub while Riley bathed…..he pooped in the tub! Ahhhh! Needless to say, that was the end of bathtime and I did not have a fun time fishing that out!!!
We’ve got a busy week this week of swim lessons starting and my high school reunion this weekend, so next week’s blog should be a good one!
Hey Sarah, its Katy James Tomlinson. I was just reading about your mom and my mother has done that twice after taking a drink of DC from the can. It freaked me out and we ended up calling 911 but she ended up being ok. I'm glad to know it has happened to someone else but then surprised it has also. Mom doesn't drink from the cans anymore after that night. I hope all is well with you and it's great to read all about your sweet family.
ReplyDeleteKaty, That is crazy that this has happened to your mom also! The first time I was only 17 and it was very quick before she was back around. The second time we did call 911 and this 3rd time we tried, but she told us to not have them come since she had a doctor appt today already set up! Thanks for making me not feel so alone!
ReplyDelete