Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Swimming Census

Swim Lessons are upon us! Last week Riley had his first two swim lessons. He was originally scheduled for classes Monday-Thursday for two weeks, but he ended up being the only child signed up for that class so his teacher called to see if we could move to Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks instead. We really wanted Riley to have his swim lessons before we go on vacation at the beginning of July so we agreed to switch classes. I am so glad that we did! When we walked into class on Tuesday night we were so surprised to see Riley’s cousin, Riley Scott was in the same class! Thankfully, my cousin Jill, brought her camera and she took some pictures for me of the first day of class:

(he looks so surprised to see Riley Scott..."what are you doing here?")

(practicing his kicking)

(He didn't like being on his back very much!)
Riley is doing great in class. He really has his feet kicking down! He also is getting better about putting his face in the water and going underwater and breathing out! If he would just use his arms to swim he would be a swimming champ in no time! Can’t wait to see how much he’s improved by the end of the summer!

Swim lesson days are extremely busy days as I rush home from work to feed the dogs and get dinner started while Chad picks up Riley. We all meet at home, eat a quick dinner and get dressed for class. By the time class is over and we get home, it is time for an early bath and then bedtime for Riley.

I was so relieved when the weekend arrived even though I knew our weekend was jam packed! On Friday night we went over to Kate & Jason’s house for dinner! Jason made some yummy hamburgers and mine was cooked to perfection! :) We had a great time visiting with them. Riley is so sweet to their baby, Elizabeth, and I love to watch him be sweet to her! Kate & I also had a good time giving Riley his bath. Kate has the cutest duck poncho towel that she uses to dry Riley off and they always go to show it off in the living room after bath time. I think someone there got a photo, but I never saw them. I’ll try to remember to take one next time we give him a bath over there.

Chad was working on the ballet all day on Saturday so Riley and I got our grocery shopping done that morning and since he had gone to bed late the night before and woke up when Chad got up for work too early in the morning, he went down for an early and long nap that morning. I was able to get ready for my class reunion and after he woke up and I finished getting ready I dropped him off at his Grandmommy and Haha’s to spend the night and I headed to Los Vaqueros to set up for the reunion.

The reunion was really great. While I will probably never do an event at that Los Vaqueros again due to some problems with one of their employees the event turned out really successful! I don’t have the photos yet from the photographer, but I did steal a couple from some friends on Facebook just so you guys could have something to see:

(Janssen (left) and Melissa (right) the two ladies who helped plan with me! Couldn't have done it without them!)


(Clint on the left - I have known him FOREVER. Justin in the middle - my best friend in middle school & high school. We were Homecoming King and Queen together. David on the right - another of my VERY good friends from middle and high school. I miss him so much as he lives in AZ now.)


(This was us trying to take a group photo at the end of the night. Hopefully the professional photographer's shot comes out better!)

On Sunday morning Chad & I were so lucky to be able to sleep in until 9am since Riley was spending the night with his grandparents. We went and picked him up around 10am and we went to lunch at La Madeleine with Grammy and Uncle Kip. I feel like I always write about my Sunday lunches with Grammy, but I never have any photos so I took one real quick of Riley and Grammy sitting next to each other.

Riley was having a great time eating all of our bacon and the little box in front of him is a pirate chest that we bought in Germany and we have plastic pirate coins that Riley can insert in the slit at the top. He had a great time dumping the coins out and inserting them over and over at lunch! I LOVE our time we spend with Grammy on Sundays because I always know I will get to see my Grammy at least once a week and I really look forward to visiting with her.

After lunch Chad had to go to work again so I took Riley home for a nap. Once he woke up we went out to my Aunt Renee & Uncle Scott’s house to swim. Scott & Renee are my cousins, Jill & Ethan’s parents and Riley Scott’s grandparents. We had so much fun swimming with them. Riley really liked playing on the stairs of the pool and then bouncing up and down on the second step. He also liked getting out on the side and jumping in while I held his hands.

(two sets of cousins: Sarah & Jill and Riley Aaron and Riley Scott!)



After we swam, Uncle Scott made hamburgers and hot dogs and then the boys played for a bit.



(Riley loved this toy as it was a Thomas the Train book that reads itself to you and he is IN LOVE with trains right now! He asks to wear his Thomas shirt EVERYDAY!)

We look forward to all the rest of the swim lessons with Riley Scott and hope to go swimming at Scott & Renee’s a lot more this summer! Thanks so much again for having us over!

Last night was finally a bit of a rest as we were all at home. Chad made a fabulous steak dinner that I really enjoyed. At the end of dinner there was a knock on the door and it was the US Census Bureau. We had been chosen for a Health Census Survey. We were told it could take an hour, but I agreed to do my part for the census. About 5 minutes into it, the census taker told me that the computer did not want our answers. Turns out they were looking for more minority responses and we definitely do not fit that bill! Oh well, we tried!

Riley’s words are getting better and better every day. The latest is “hot outside”. I am secretly thrilled that he is saying this because I’ve thought it’s been too hot outside a lot lately, but he is only now starting to agree with me. Hopefully we’ll have lots of summer fun indoors in the coming months!

And on a final note, Happy 3 year Anniversary last week to our dear friends Kate & Jason! We love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment