Monday, June 1, 2009

Cold Waffles

First off, welcome to the new and improved, Jung Family Fun blog! I got bored last week and decided to try my hand at re-doing my blog layout. I kept seeing all these cute layouts and I really wanted one! I finally found a site that let me copy and paste the HTML code so it was relatively easy. The banner took a little more skill, but thanks to the ladies that I work with (and their mad Photoshop skills) I was able to figure it out after asking a few questions. I am so happy with how it turned out and I look forward to updating the photo in the top banner as Riley grows up!

Now on to the past week’s activities:

Last Tuesday, we got home from work with Riley and were in the process of making dinner when Riley requested a waffle for his dinner. This is not anything new, as he really likes waffles and has discovered the joy that is breakfast for dinner. I think his favorite part, however, is the syrup as he really likes to have both types of syrup that we have out and he insists on having a fresh dollop of syrup on his plate for each and every waffle bite. This means that by the time he is finished he has a large plate full of unused syrup! But I digress….last Tuesday, when Riley requested said waffle, we popped it in the toaster and he very quickly requested that we remove it from the toaster, way before it was done. We did, and handed it to him, thinking he would never eat a cold waffle. Well….he did and he seemed to enjoy it. Here is Riley with his cold waffle:
(Mmmmm! Cold waffles!)
That same night it was raining and Riley really wanted to go outside after dinner. Chad remembered that around Mother’s Day we had bought Riley a dinosaur tent, but we had never gotten around to taking it out of the box. Chad decided to open it and put it together and Riley was so excited! He was smiling so big and could not wait for Chad to get the tent set up. Here are some pics of him playing in the tent with Chad:

(Daddy's feet poking out of the tent!)

(Is that a happy face or what?)

(He is so excited about the tent!)

(Climbing in for the first time. He didn't want to get the hang of crawling in at first! He kept trying to walk in, but door opening was too low!)

The next night Riley requested that he and I have our dinner in the tent, so we did. I wish the tent door opened all the way to the top of the tent, because it was very hard to climb in and out, let alone get our dinner in there safely. But Riley was so happy to be eating in the tent, so it was worth it!

Wednesday was Teacher Appreciation Day at Riley’s daycare. Chad went to daycare early to help watch the kids with Ms Kaylee, so that Ms Anna could leave early. Riley was very confused as to why Daddy came to daycare and they did not leave immediately. He started throwing a tantrum. The next day Ms Anna told me that they had never seen Riley act that way, that he was normally very well-behaved. I said that I guessed he saved it all up for them because he acts out at home frequently if he doesn’t get his way. Chad & I decided though that we would rather have him act out at home and be good at school than the other way around.

On Saturday, my Dad & I went to Colonial together. My mom had gotten him Grounds Passes for the entire tournament for his birthday, so he took mom on Friday, me on Saturday and Chad on Sunday. Here is a picture of us before we left:

(Hopefully I got a little sun and am not quite this pale anymore!)
I was very thankful that some of Jake’s hats were still at my parents’ house, as I borrowed one for the tournament. Dad & I had a great time sitting at the 5th green and watching more than half the golfers come through. I had a bout of insomnia the night before, and you wouldn’t think that sitting on bleachers at a golf course for 4 hours would make you that tired, but when you couple it with the insomnia, by the time we left I was exhausted! It was all I could do to get Riley ready for bed before I got myself into bed and passed out.

While Dad & I were at Colonial, Riley went to Nana’s to play. We had given them back their sandbox that they had brought to our house because we were having a bit of an ant problem with it and Princess liked to jump into it. Well, Nana cleaned out all the sand and filled it with water to let Riley play in it. At first he seems to be playing very nicely:

(Pouring the water in)

(Pouring the water in again...)
But after he poured his bubbles in the water, he got very confused and thought it was a bathtub. Well, Nana didn’t have a swimsuit or swim diaper for Riley, so she stripped him down and let him play in the sandbox/waterbox naked! The pics are hilarious but he seems to be having a great time!

(Silly boy!)
(Brrrrr!)

(He's obviously telling Nana something very important here!)

Yesterday, while Chad & my dad went to Colonial, Nana came over and spent the day with me & Riley. She went grocery shopping with us at SuperTarget and while there she bought Riley a swimsuit and swim diapers! After grocery shopping, we met up with Grammy for brunch at Lucile’s, but we noticed that Riley wasn’t eating much. On the way home he fell asleep and when he woke up from his nap he was very upset. At first we thought maybe he had a nightmare, but he just went back and forth from being sad and laying around to having a little bit of energy, to being sad again. He also wouldn’t eat any dinner. I asked him if his tummy hurt and he said yes. He woke up crying in the middle of the night and I spent the rest of the night in his bed with him comforting him every time he woke up crying, which was about every 15-30 minutes. Chad ended up staying home with him today and we are hoping he feels better tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment