BOY!!!!
Today was my doctor's appointment and sonogram. The sonogram happened first at the ultrasound suite, which is across the hall from my doctor's office. We walked into a very crowded waiting room, but Chad passed the time quickly by having us play Bejeweled on his iPhone. Before I knew it, our sonogram tech, Mary, was calling us back. She first asked us if we wanted to know the sex and we said YES! Chad was not thinking that they were going to be able to tell since they couldn't at this sonogram with Riley, but I asked him to please be hopeful that we would find out. She started the sonogram and before we knew it she held the sonogram between the baby's legs and asked if we could tell what it was. I sure thought it looked like boy parts and a few seconds later she confirmed it by saying "It's a Boy!" and typing MALE on the screen. She then quickly took all the measurements she needed for the doctor and gave us some copies of the pictures. Here is the one of the boy parts:
Today was my doctor's appointment and sonogram. The sonogram happened first at the ultrasound suite, which is across the hall from my doctor's office. We walked into a very crowded waiting room, but Chad passed the time quickly by having us play Bejeweled on his iPhone. Before I knew it, our sonogram tech, Mary, was calling us back. She first asked us if we wanted to know the sex and we said YES! Chad was not thinking that they were going to be able to tell since they couldn't at this sonogram with Riley, but I asked him to please be hopeful that we would find out. She started the sonogram and before we knew it she held the sonogram between the baby's legs and asked if we could tell what it was. I sure thought it looked like boy parts and a few seconds later she confirmed it by saying "It's a Boy!" and typing MALE on the screen. She then quickly took all the measurements she needed for the doctor and gave us some copies of the pictures. Here is the one of the boy parts:

Chad & I were very impressed with the quality of the sonogram machine. The picture was incredible. We were able to see the spine really well and all four chambers of the heart and the cerebellum in the brain. Here are the other pictures that she gave us, which are all shots of the face, belly and arms.



We then headed over to the doctor's office for my appointment. They took my weight and I had gained 2 lbs (but I must mention that I did not take off my shoes). My blood pressure was good and then the doctor came in to talk over the sonogram results. He was very worried that I would be upset about having another boy, but we assured him that we really didn't care what the sex was, we were happy either way. He then listened to the heartbeat and told us that things looked good. Since the baby is growing right on schedule he said we would leave the due date at February 28. He was happy to hear that we had both gotten flu shots and told me to try and get the swine flu vaccine as soon as I was able wherever I could find it. He said as long as I managed to not get the regular flu or the swine flu, that the next few months would be really nice for me. I agreed that the 2nd trimester was kind to me with Riley and was so far being kind to me with this one.
My next appointment is in a month. Overall, we are very excited that the baby is growing at a healthy rate and that things are looking good all around. We will announce the name as soon as it is settled and we can't wait to share that news with you soon.
My next appointment is in a month. Overall, we are very excited that the baby is growing at a healthy rate and that things are looking good all around. We will announce the name as soon as it is settled and we can't wait to share that news with you soon.
Friend!! I am so excited for you!! Congrats on another boy! Think of how much fun those brothers are going to have together! I have my ultrasound on Friday and we cannot wait to find out:) Were you thinking boy or did you have an idea? I would LOVE to have another boy, but I am kind of feeling that this is a girl....I guess Friday we will know!
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting! Boys are so much fun as you know. February 28th is a good day, that is one day before Linc's birthday. Too bad it is not a leap year again. Do you have some fun names picked out?
ReplyDelete