Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mayfest and The Farm

The big news of last week is that my godson was born! Kate gave birth to Zachary Craig on Monday, April 26 at 3:50 pm. He is so handsome and was born with a full head of dark hair so opposite from his blond haired older sister, Elizabeth. We took the boys up to the hospital on Monday night to see them and Riley did really great! He was not at all afraid of Kate in the hospital bed, like he was when I was in it after Carter was born.





(Zachary's First Pirate Photo)







(Zach & Carter - Destined to be best buds!)

On Thursday night we brought food over to their house and had a great time visiting. Carter & Zach slept through the evening, but the rest of us visited and ate and it was so good to see them all doing well at home!

Tuesday was a bit of a sentimental day as it marked three years since the day Jake was diagnosed with cancer. I have come to realize that while the past three years held some of the saddest and most difficult times in my life, they also held some of the happiest and most wonderful times as well. While I miss Jake terribly, I would not change one thing that has happened in the past three years. All the events, both good and bad, have made me the person that I am today.

Wednesday was a roller coaster of a morning. Riley was in a cranky mood since he had obviously not gotten enough sleep. He plays and plays in bed every night before he finally succumbs to sleep. This means that on the weekdays he is usually tired when we wake him up. Well, on Wednesday he didn’t want to get dressed and Chad had brought his clothes into the kitchen where Riley was laying on the floor throwing a tantrum. Chad got his bottom half undressed when Riley decided to start peeing on the kitchen floor! Chad promptly scooped him up and took him to the potty where Riley peed in the potty at home for the first time EVER! He has done it at school a lot, but never at home. Needless to say, we went from mad that he had peed on the floor to elated that he had peed in the potty and Riley got a sucker!

On Wednesday at lunch Chad & I went to Babies R us to shop for a two seat jogging stroller. Chad really wanted a jogging stroller and I really wanted one that could hold both boys. We found one and were so excited to try it out on Friday night! Riley liked the stroller so much that he told us he wanted to sleep in it!











Yesterday we got up and decided that since the rain was holding off that we would take the boys to Mayfest. (plus it meant we got to use the jogging stroller again!) We had a really great time! Riley rode lots of rides and got in lots of bounce houses! Chad & I ate some really yummy gyros and Chad had some Dippin Dots. We left after lunch because Riley needed to take a nap, but then he just power napped in the car and played in bed when we got home.













After he got up we went to the grocery store where Chad bought the ingredients to make Seven Minute Frosting, like his Mimi used to make. The frosting was so fluffy and yummy and it made Chad nostalgic for times at the lake with his Mimi & Da!







Riley was such a good boy this morning when I told him we were going to go to a farm with Aiden and his mom. He let me get him dressed and then he ate two whole waffles with syrup, after when he said “Now I go take a nap?” and I sure wasn’t going to say no! He went straight down at 10:30am, which meant he got a great nap in before we headed off to the farm! The weather could not have been more perfect for being outdoors! The farm was also not crowded so we pretty much had full run of the place! The boys played on a train playground, bounced in the bounce house multiple times, rode ponies, saw chickens, rode on a train/covered wagon, rode a hayride and just had a lot of fun! We were scoping out the place for Riley & Aiden’s joint birthday party in August and I think we found a winner! Too bad the weather will be hotter in August because if we could have weather like we had today it would be PERFECT!































Carter is doing really good and I managed to get some of his smiles on video at home and in pictures while he was in his stroller at the farm!





Memaw tells me that he smiles at her a lot and I believe it! He has been on such a good schedule since I went back to work and I thank Memaw for that too! Her dog Mimi isn’t sure what to make of Carter though. He wants to be held anytime she isn’t holding Carter and sometimes when she is holding Carter!



Overall, life is feeling like it is getting back to a routine and that is a very nice feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment