Monday, May 10, 2010

My Life As A Mother

Last Monday morning Chad took Carter to the doctor for his 2 month check up. We were a week and a half late since his doctor has been so booked up since Spring Break. My sweet boy now weighs 10 lbs 15.5 oz (25%) and is 23 inches long (50%). I totally expected him to weigh more. At this check up Riley weighed 11 lbs 2 oz, so he is a bit behind Riley in weight, but they were the same length at this check up. Carter got a lot of immunizations at this appointment and was a bit clingier towards the end of the week. Not sure it if was due to the shots, or if he was just having a needy day, but Memaw noticed it too.

On Wednesday, HaHa picked Riley up from school and they went to Cabela’s for some afternoon fun! Riley came home telling us all about the elephants and other animals that he saw at Cabela’s and HaHa bought Riley a camo hat that he tried on for us!









(My favorite from his Cabela's excursion!)





Friday morning was Muffins With Mom at Riley’s school and I had a great time spending a few extra minutes with Riley at school before I left. Although when Riley gave me his present he made me he then took it back, tried to give it to Ethan’s mom, wore it as a hat, and then refused to let me take it with me. He did agree to let me take it at the end of the day though.

On Friday night I had plans to go to dinner with an old friend from high school, Virginia, and my other good friend from high school, Rhonda. Virginia moved to Idaho after HS and this was the first time I had seen her in almost 11 years! We met at Joe T’s and sat on the patio and had such a great time catching up! It made me sad she lives so far away because we would definitely hang out more if she lived here.

Chad had a show on Friday night so my parents took the boys and offered for them to spend the night. I brought our new jogging stroller over for them to use and my dad LOVES it! They took the boys to the park by their house and Riley played himself tired!

(Minus Chad, my 3 favorite guys!!)























On Saturday Chad took Riley to his friend Ethan’s fireman birthday party. They had a great time! While they were at the party I went to my friend Janssen’s baby shower for her baby Jackson! Her and her husband Derek got lots of great baby stuff and are ready now for Baby Jackson to arrive!

(Daddy To Be, Derek and Mommy To Be, Janssen)

Yesterday we met up with Chad’s family at Lucile’s for breakfast and in the afternoon we went to my Aunt Tami’s to celebrate with my Dad’s family! We has a good time although Riley was not himself and was extra clingy and I thought he felt like he had a fever. Sure enough, when we got home he had a 101 degree fever, which soon spiked to 102. When I went to get him Tylenol or Motrin I realized that all 4 bottles of Tylenol that I had and 1 bottle of Motrin were all a part of last week’s massive recall and I couldn’t use them. I called my parents since Chad was working and they brought me over some Walgreen’s brand Tylenol and Motrin so I would have something to give Riley. This morning Riley was still not himself and was complaining of a tummy ache so my Dad worked from home and we brought Riley over there. I was able to get Riley a sick visit at Dr Crawford for just before lunch and my Dad took him there so I could meet them. Turns out Riley has an ear infection. So he’s on a 10 day cycle of Amoxicillin and then he should be all good. We’re going to keep him home again tomorrow and my Dad is going to work from home again and watch him. He just still not quite himself and we think he needs another day of rest. HUGE thanks to my Dad for watching him two days in a row. I don't know what I would do if he wasn't able to work from home. I wish I had that same arrangement...it would make life a lot easier when one of my babes is sick.

This illness did put a kink in my plans to get Riley in bed at a decent hour yesterday as he has not been sleeping enough on week nights and is usually tired most week mornings. We have trouble getting him out of bed so we are trying to put him to bed earlier and we have had to ban most toys from his bed. His bed had become a toy explosion and he played so much in bed before falling asleep that it was taking him an extra hour or so every night to finally fall asleep and some nights he would end up at the foot of his bed asleep because that was where he was playing when he dozed off. Here is proof:

(The toy explosion was getting out of control!)

We are now banning all hard plastic toys from bed and only allowing soft stuffed toys in bed, and then trying to limit how many of those he has. The first night was rough, but thankfully he had picked up Carter with me from Nana & Papa’s that day and Nana gave him one of Jake’s old Cabbage Patch boy dolls to have and he calls it his “baby” and tells us his baby’s name is Carter. Well, toy baby Carter slept in bed with him that night, which seemed to help.

Happy Mother’s Day yesterday to all the moms out there and especially to my own Mom, who I love more than anything! I meant to post this yesterday, but my life as a mom was too hectic on my own Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment