Monday, May 31, 2010

"Carter got bigger! NOW he can play with me!"

Our potty-training saga continues…On Sunday night Riley decided that he wanted to wear underwear to bed. I was insanely nervous that he would wet the bed, but amazingly enough he made it through the night and stayed dry. He did wake us up at 5am and then I spent an hour in the bathroom with him trying to coax him to use the potty. He refused and eventually I had to get ready for work so I put a Pull Up on him. He still held it and when we got to school he was still dry. Then I started worrying that he was going to get sick holding it, and so I worried all day about him. I know he’ll get the hang of this eventually, but man it is a hard journey!

On Monday night I decided to make rotini pasta for dinner and to stay strong and insist that Riley eat 4 noodles. I know that seems like nothing, but for our picky eater, that is asking a lot. 40 minutes later he finally ate the pasta, but acted like he hated it at first. He was really proud of himself afterwards, but he must not have eaten enough because the next morning at school, he ate loads of toast for breakfast and shocked the daycare director.

On Wednesday, Grandmommy & Haha asked for the boys to spend the night. This was Carter’s first night to spend the night with Chad’s parents and they knew I was stressed with Chad working so much so they were so nice to meet me at our house after work so I wouldn’t feel rushed packing up all the boys stuff. The boys had a great time & Carter did great! I felt funny in the house all by myself Wednesday night, but it was also nice to get a full night of uninterrupted sleep.

(Carter & his Great Aunt Patrice!)



(Riley lost his shoes during dinner & requested that Grandmommy take a picture!)





You'll notice in the pictures that Riley has on his 'Big Brother' shirt and Carter has on his 'Little Brother' onesie. Whenever Riley wears his, he insists that Carter be matching! I love it!

On Thursday, Carter surprised me while I was giving him his nighttime bottle. Just before he started eating he took his paci out of his mouth and put it back in. I thought it was probably a fluke, but then he held onto his paci all through his bottle and after he was done he put it back in his mouth! I was so happy because it makes such a huge difference once he can find his paci at night and put it back in his mouth to calm himself down so I know we are on the right track for that hopefully happening soon.

On Friday we were really excited about starting our 3 day weekend and upon getting home, we saw our neighbor Amy out working on her yard. We went over to visit and Riley decided to play in her sprinklers with all his clothes on!





(The sprinkler popped his balloon!)



He had a lot of fun, but I forgot to put his wet shoes in the dryer that night and he only has one pair of sneakers that he will wear. The next morning when I took the boys to the grocery store, Riley decided to wear his dinosaur slippers since he shoes were wet, but once we got to the store he only wanted to wear his socks. We picked out a 2nd pair of shoes (Spiderman shoes!) but later that day Riley refused to wear them. He is so picky!! (I guess he gets that from me!) I am also going to have to stop taking Riley to the store with me. I have taken both boys by myself the last two weeks and for the second week in a row Riley talked me into getting him a train set if he behaved and I am still such a sucker! I am just glad that Chad’s schedule has calmed down as I know if I wasn’t taking them to the store by myself I wouldn’t be giving in to Riley so easily!

Yesterday we went to lunch at La Madeline with Nana, Grammy & Memaw and afterwards I went to get a pedicure while Chad took the boys home to nap. After naps, Nana, Memaw & Papa came over to babysit the boys while Chad & I went to an opera dinner at Esperanza’s. We had a great time visiting with other opera folk, but laughed at how old we were getting because we left at 8:30 because it was too loud in the restaurant. We went and got ice cream on the way home, but made it home in time to tuck both boys in to bed.

Thank goodness for the 3 day weekend because both boys slept horribly last night. Riley was having nightmares and Chad spent half the night in Riley’s bed. I was up with Carter 3 different times before I finally brought him to our bed so I could get some sleep. We slept in as much as the boys would let us and while I got the boys ready Chad mowed the lawn. After he came in and showered we took the boys to the museum. I used the baby carrier, instead of lugging in the stroller and Carter did great in my arms. He napped some, ate a bottle and then looked around a lot. Riley did good also, and we even ran into his buddy from school, Aiden. Both boys were thrilled to see each other and Aiden was really sad when he had to say goodbye to leave. Riley was also really sad when we had to go, but he was just tired as he fell asleep in the car on the way home.









Riley kept requesting all weekend that I take pictures of him and Carter.







He also told me every morning “Carter got bigger! NOW he can play with me!” I know we’ll be there in no time and I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment