Last week was a rough week. I caught what Riley had so I was working on about 50% of my normal self for most of the week. Chad is also deep into Fort Worth Opera Festival and is working long days. My biggest fear was that Chad or Carter would catch what Riley & I had. So far, they seem to be clear of it, and for that I am so thankful!
Not only did I catch a sinus infection from Riley, but my allergies got the best of me last week. I can’t remember what day it was, but I walked to meet Chad in downtown for lunch. On the way there I was fine, but on the way back I started sneezing these violent sneezes and when I got back to my desk my eyes were itching so bad I couldn’t see. Turns out it was a high pollen day and I had not taken any of my allergy meds. This ended up being one of the worst allergy attacks I have had in almost 10 years and I had to leave work to go home and shower all the allergens off, change clothes, and take all my meds. This helped to where I was able to go back to work, but my eyes did not really feel right until the next morning.
On Wednesday, Grandmommy & Haha picked Riley up from school and took him to his great great Uncle George’s birthday party. He had fun because he was able to take the birthday balloons with him and he had a balloon fight in the car with his Great Aunt Michele.
Not only did I catch a sinus infection from Riley, but my allergies got the best of me last week. I can’t remember what day it was, but I walked to meet Chad in downtown for lunch. On the way there I was fine, but on the way back I started sneezing these violent sneezes and when I got back to my desk my eyes were itching so bad I couldn’t see. Turns out it was a high pollen day and I had not taken any of my allergy meds. This ended up being one of the worst allergy attacks I have had in almost 10 years and I had to leave work to go home and shower all the allergens off, change clothes, and take all my meds. This helped to where I was able to go back to work, but my eyes did not really feel right until the next morning.
On Wednesday, Grandmommy & Haha picked Riley up from school and took him to his great great Uncle George’s birthday party. He had fun because he was able to take the birthday balloons with him and he had a balloon fight in the car with his Great Aunt Michele.






Also on Wednesday, our neighbors behind us brought us dinner. It was so nice of them and was a really yummy Mexican chicken crock pot dish. We ate it for two nights and it really helped since I barely felt good enough to walk around, let alone cook anything.
By Friday I was feeling better although I had lost my voice. The weather was nasty during the day and that meant my office was pretty quiet. Most of the brokers were not there and I was able to really crank through a large portion of my to-do list. My work has grown exponentially since they decided to let go the temp-to-perm admin they hired when I left for maternity leave. Myself and the two other admins that are left have picked up the slack and that means that work has been insanely busy since. I think it might be a bit too much to handle for us, but they are still deciding whether to bring in a fourth admin or make due with three for a little while. It definitely made for a tough week, especially with me being under the weather.
On Friday night we went to my cousin Rich’s graduation from law school party. We had a great time visiting with family and lots of people got to meet and hold Carter. Riley had fun playing with Riley Scott who had just gotten a new swing set. I had a great time visiting with my cousin Jill and her friend Lauren.
On Saturday Chad had a MUCH NEEDED day off from the opera. We spent the morning at the downtown YMCA taking Riley and Carter to their first swim class of the summer and Carter’s first swim class ever! Riley is in his first non Parent/Child class and we were worried about what he would think about not getting into the water with Mom or Dad. He was a bit freaked out at first. Chad sat next to him on the edge of the pool, while I went to the Parent/Child class with Carter. Carter did great in the water, which means he didn’t cry! He was just calm and hung out while we walked him around. He is still too young to do the activities, but just having him get used to the water is a good first step. Riley eventually saw me over with Carter and wanted to be with me, so Chad & I ended up switching off. Riley was still hesitant about getting in the pool with his teacher Jonathan, but after he realized that if he threw a squirty toy into the water, that Jonathan would take him to get it, he did much better! My friend Tracy’s daughter Kennis was also in the class and as the oldest in the class she was an old pro! We were also surprised to learn that Riley’s friend from school, Keller was also in the class.
By Friday I was feeling better although I had lost my voice. The weather was nasty during the day and that meant my office was pretty quiet. Most of the brokers were not there and I was able to really crank through a large portion of my to-do list. My work has grown exponentially since they decided to let go the temp-to-perm admin they hired when I left for maternity leave. Myself and the two other admins that are left have picked up the slack and that means that work has been insanely busy since. I think it might be a bit too much to handle for us, but they are still deciding whether to bring in a fourth admin or make due with three for a little while. It definitely made for a tough week, especially with me being under the weather.
On Friday night we went to my cousin Rich’s graduation from law school party. We had a great time visiting with family and lots of people got to meet and hold Carter. Riley had fun playing with Riley Scott who had just gotten a new swing set. I had a great time visiting with my cousin Jill and her friend Lauren.
On Saturday Chad had a MUCH NEEDED day off from the opera. We spent the morning at the downtown YMCA taking Riley and Carter to their first swim class of the summer and Carter’s first swim class ever! Riley is in his first non Parent/Child class and we were worried about what he would think about not getting into the water with Mom or Dad. He was a bit freaked out at first. Chad sat next to him on the edge of the pool, while I went to the Parent/Child class with Carter. Carter did great in the water, which means he didn’t cry! He was just calm and hung out while we walked him around. He is still too young to do the activities, but just having him get used to the water is a good first step. Riley eventually saw me over with Carter and wanted to be with me, so Chad & I ended up switching off. Riley was still hesitant about getting in the pool with his teacher Jonathan, but after he realized that if he threw a squirty toy into the water, that Jonathan would take him to get it, he did much better! My friend Tracy’s daughter Kennis was also in the class and as the oldest in the class she was an old pro! We were also surprised to learn that Riley’s friend from school, Keller was also in the class.
(Kennis - the swimming pro!)After swim class we all went home to eat lunch and then we all took a nap. When we woke up we went to run an errand for Chad and go grocery shopping. We have reached a new stage of grocery shopping with Riley. He has started asking to buy certain things and then picking things out that he wants while we shop. Chad said shopping with Riley this time cost us a lot more money! I can remember growing up when my mom would take us to the store, but tell us that we couldn’t get anything that wasn’t on the list! We might be getting there with Riley!
Today we are going to lunch with Grammy, Nana & Papa at Lucile’s and then relaxing some more around the house. I am still not to 100%, but I think this coming week can only be an improvement over last week!


No comments:
Post a Comment