This past week did get minutely better, but it almost got worse before it got better. On Monday I started a 3 day juice cleanse with Tracy. Basically we drank six 16 oz juice concoctions per day. I only made it through 1 ½ days though before I started feeling really bad. I was tired and the crud I had last week, was not completely gone. I was coughing pretty bad, so I decided on Tuesday to stop the cleanse and get on some meds. My doctor called in a z-pack and it took until Friday until I really started seeing an improvement. Which meant last week was pretty exhausting as well. Chad is still working long hours at the opera, which meant I was on my own at home all nights last week. I am so ready for him to get his nights back as it is exhausting going through our evening routine at home by myself.
On Monday Riley decided that he wanted to wear underwear to school. I was insanely nervous as once we got him on him, he didn’t want to go potty, he wanted to wait to get to school and go with his friend Ethan. I packed up a couple extra pairs of clothes and underwear to bring to school also, but I didn’t pack enough. By 8:45am he was on his last pair and the school suggested that I bring 10 extra sets of clothes the next day. Riley was not telling them he had to go potty until he had already gone.
The next day Riley told me he did not want to get Wall-E wet, which meant he did not want to wear underwear so he went to school in a Pull-Up and stayed in one all day. On Wednesday when I picked him up from school they told me he had a meltdown when he wet his pants. At some point in the day he either asked for underwear or they were just put on him. The school is very nervous that they are pressuring him too much and we told them that we are just taking it easy with him for about the next month and a half. We are mentioning the potty a lot and suggesting underwear, but if he does not want to wear them we are not pushing the issue. However, in July, when Riley’s swim class is over and he does not have to wear a swim diaper every Saturday, we are going to have an underwear weekend when the Pull Ups go away and see how that goes. We told the school that we trust their judgment and they are welcome to deal with the potty training however they feel comfortable.
On Wednesday night I went to see Chad’s final dress of the opera he designed for the Fort Worth Opera Festival, Don Giovanni. It was really good and I realized I am a fan of more traditional operas, rather than modern ones. I am very proud of Chad for how hard he works on the festival and he did a great job!
On Thursday evening our friend, Kathleen, came over and brought us dinner so she could meet Carter. She brought gifts for Carter & Riley and Riley’s present was a shark towel. He could not have been more excited! He wore it around when he opened it, after his bath and also wore it all night in bed!
On Monday Riley decided that he wanted to wear underwear to school. I was insanely nervous as once we got him on him, he didn’t want to go potty, he wanted to wait to get to school and go with his friend Ethan. I packed up a couple extra pairs of clothes and underwear to bring to school also, but I didn’t pack enough. By 8:45am he was on his last pair and the school suggested that I bring 10 extra sets of clothes the next day. Riley was not telling them he had to go potty until he had already gone.
The next day Riley told me he did not want to get Wall-E wet, which meant he did not want to wear underwear so he went to school in a Pull-Up and stayed in one all day. On Wednesday when I picked him up from school they told me he had a meltdown when he wet his pants. At some point in the day he either asked for underwear or they were just put on him. The school is very nervous that they are pressuring him too much and we told them that we are just taking it easy with him for about the next month and a half. We are mentioning the potty a lot and suggesting underwear, but if he does not want to wear them we are not pushing the issue. However, in July, when Riley’s swim class is over and he does not have to wear a swim diaper every Saturday, we are going to have an underwear weekend when the Pull Ups go away and see how that goes. We told the school that we trust their judgment and they are welcome to deal with the potty training however they feel comfortable.
On Wednesday night I went to see Chad’s final dress of the opera he designed for the Fort Worth Opera Festival, Don Giovanni. It was really good and I realized I am a fan of more traditional operas, rather than modern ones. I am very proud of Chad for how hard he works on the festival and he did a great job!
On Thursday evening our friend, Kathleen, came over and brought us dinner so she could meet Carter. She brought gifts for Carter & Riley and Riley’s present was a shark towel. He could not have been more excited! He wore it around when he opened it, after his bath and also wore it all night in bed!

On Friday night my mom went with me to take Riley to get a haircut and so she could watch Carter for me. Riley only cried the first 5 minutes and then he was a big boy. The woman cutting his hair, Miss Jilly, was really good with him and I appreciated how she talked to him, instead of talking over him to me. He really responded to her by the end and she made a very helpful suggestion that we ask for the same stylist each time so that Riley can get used to the same person and stop being scared. Of course, I told him if he didn’t cry I would buy him another truck, so he got a firetruck toy this time, as well as a sticker and a lollipop! The boy knows how to work it to his advantage! After his haircut we went to eat at McDonald’s and then we went to my Aunt Renee & Uncle Scott’s new house, where my dad was helping Scott build a fence for the backyard. We visited for a minute before heading home. My mom came and helped me get the boys in bed and I really appreciated her help!
Yesterday we got up and went to our 2nd swim lesson. Chad thought it was awesome when on the way to the car I picked Riley up and put him on my shoulders. Chad usually does that, but I thought I would try it! Once we got to class, at first Riley wanted me to be with him and Chad to go with Carter, but he quickly changed his mind and Chad & I switched. Carter did great, just hanging out in the water and when I looked over halfway through class, Riley was wearing a floatie belt! He had refused to wear one last week so I was really happy to see him with one on. He swam with the teacher and after class he asked Chad if they could get in the water together. They did, and before I knew it Riley was swimming up and down the pool with nothing but a floatie around his waist and a pool noodle under his arms!
Yesterday we got up and went to our 2nd swim lesson. Chad thought it was awesome when on the way to the car I picked Riley up and put him on my shoulders. Chad usually does that, but I thought I would try it! Once we got to class, at first Riley wanted me to be with him and Chad to go with Carter, but he quickly changed his mind and Chad & I switched. Carter did great, just hanging out in the water and when I looked over halfway through class, Riley was wearing a floatie belt! He had refused to wear one last week so I was really happy to see him with one on. He swam with the teacher and after class he asked Chad if they could get in the water together. They did, and before I knew it Riley was swimming up and down the pool with nothing but a floatie around his waist and a pool noodle under his arms!



Riley is going to be swimming in no time! He told his dad that he was swimming like a dolphin!
After class we went home and the boys napped while Chad went to work. After their naps we got loaded up in the car and went back to Renee & Scott’s to celebrate my Dad’s birthday. They were still working on the fence so we shared some pizza and cupcakes while they took a break and then we gave my dad his gifts from us. We got him a 1 hour golf lesson and also tickets to the September 2 Cowboys game. I am really excited to go back to a game with them. My mom and I thought we bought tickets in the same section we had last year and my dad told me today that our tickets are actually a section closer that we were last time! How cool!
This morning Chad had to go to work early so once I got the boys and myself dressed we ventured to the grocery store. This was my first time braving the grocery store by myself with both boys and I was really nervous that they would not behave themselves. Riley told me he wanted a train at the store, and again I was a sucker and told him that if he was good and stayed in the cart the whole time we were in the store that he could get a train. He insisted that we pick out his train first, and man does he have expensive taste! Of course, the train set he picked was perfect and would travel in the car so I gave in and let him have that one. He was on his best behavior the rest of the time in the store so it was worth it! I am going to have to figure out a way to stop bribing him to get what I want, but for now it works, so I’m just going to try to not feel to guilty about it!
After shopping we went back home to unload groceries and so I could do some housework and laundry. We then met up with Grammy, Memaw, Nana & Papa at Olive Garden for lunch. Riley was already tired and not on his best behavior, but he got better the longer we were there and then came home to nap after lunch.
Chad had the evening off tonight so we went to Kate & Jason’s for dinner. They made some fabulous chicken enchiladas and rice and we had a great time visiting. Elizabeth has really gotten comfortable around babies and was kissing on Carter a lot and tried to give him his bottle once. Her & Riley played nicely together most of the time and Liz can even say “Riley” now! Carter & Zach just hung out like babies do. Carter was cranky a bit today so I ended up rocking him for quite a bit. Not sure if he is already starting to teethe or what. Memaw told me my dad got his first tooth at 3 months and Riley got his first tooth early also, so anything is possible!


No comments:
Post a Comment