Sunday, August 8, 2010

From Driving to Flying

This week was another blur for me! We thankfully filled our receptionist opening at my office, but holding final interviews and making the offer to the new candidate, as well as wrapping things up to be on vacation for a week made for a very speedy week.

Chad was watching Carter this week since we didn't want to start him in daycare and then go on vacation for a week. Haha & Grandmommy also helped out in watching Carter a bit as Chad did have some KWC recording sessions to attend this week. On Monday, after spending the first day with Carter, Chad came home REALLY stressed about driving to Colorado this weekend. We decided to price flying and then decided that the extra money we would spend to fly would be worth saving our sanity from two days of driving each way with a potty-training 3 year old and a very active 5 1/2 month old. Haha ended up paying for our plane tickets so thank you very much Haha! We now will actually get more time in Colorado and will hopefully not be as exhausted when we get there!

On Wednesday, Haha & Grandmommy were watching Carter and they also picked Riley up from school to play. They sent me this picture of them playing pool:


Riley is really lucky his grandparents let him play on top of the pool table, as I can assure you that Chad's grandfather Da never let Chad play on it when he was a kid!

On Friday I sent cookies to school for Riley's birthday for him to celebrate with his friends. I tried on Wednesday night to make cupcakes, but I burned them. It felt a lot like deja vu, so I think I do this every year and every year I end up a j rae's bakery buying cookies! But Riley loves their cookies, so I think it worked out well!

We've been watching my parent's dog, Kori this week and I think her name should be Shadow as she cannot calm down until I sit down next to her! She just follows me all over the house as I go about doing stuff, like she is my shadow. She hasn't been sleeping in our room at night and I just assumed she was sleeping in the living room, but when Riley got up this morning to come to our room he told me Kori was sleeping in his bed! Awww!

This weekend has been a lot of prep for our trip, laundry, etc. Chad went to the office today and yesterday to get some work done and I have been at home with the boys playing and packing. We met up with Grammy for lunch at Lucile's again and it was a much better experience than last week! Looking forward to our vacation and the cooler weather and just spending some time with my family!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, have you been able to keep Carter out of daycare until now? That is amazing! I hope I can do that with my little one. Have a good vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been lucky. When I went back to work my grandma came to town to watch Carter until my mom, who is a teacher was out of school for the summer & then she watched Carter for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you guys have a great trip!!!! See you when you get back!!!

    ReplyDelete