To start where I left off last week, Riley helped me make pizzas last Sunday. He wasn't interested at first and then was completely freaked out by the pizza sauce, but then decided cheese and pepperoni were okay. He then refused to eat a bite once they were cooked until after he took his bath and then he wore his towel like Batman and ate a few bites of pizza.
On Monday Chad went in for his vasectomy. He did great and is now pretty much healed up! He was sore that night and so his parents came over and I made shrimp tacos for everyone and they helped me out a lot getting the boys to bed. Riley was hilarious when we managed to get him to try a shrimp. He put it in his mouth and then proceeded to cry and spit it out. Didn't even take a bite, just the texture in his mouth upset him. What a picky eater!
On Thursday I took the boys to their doctor check ups in the morning. For Riley it was his 3 year check up and for Carter it was his 6 month. Riley weighed 32.6 lbs and was 37 3/4 inches. The nurse didn't give me the exact percentages, but I think he was in the 50%. Carter weighed 17 lbs 11 oz (55%) and was 26" long (45%). His head was 17 1/2" (70%). These measurements were almost identical to Riley at this same age, but Carter has a much bigger head. Riley at 6 months was 17 lbs 4 oz, 26 inches long and head was 16 3/4 inches. It was quite a juggling act having both boys' appointments at the same time, but I did it! I even got Riley to pee in a cup for the nurse and Riley got the flu mist up his nose and 1 shot and they also pricked his finger in the lab and Carter got 4 shots and one oral vaccine. Needless to say we were all pooped by the time I got the boys to school and I got to work.
On Friday night our dear friend, JV flew in to DFW from NYC. Chad picked him up from the airport and they went to see a scary movie, as is their tradition when JV is in TX. I picked the boys up from school and then we all met up at Pappasitos for dinner as JV loves their frothy butter! We shared some fabulous watermelon margaritas and on the way home we stopped at West Seventh for some gelato. Riley and JV spent some time bonding:
Once we got home and got the boys bathed JV read bedtime stories to Riley. He had bought him 3 books about NYC and that was what they read.
The next morning Riley woke us up bright and early. I made french toast and then we got ready for Riley's birthday party. We had such a great time playing at the pool with all his friends and our families! Thank you to everyone who came out and spent the morning with us! It was a blast!
(We took this one with an underwater camera, but none of the other pictures we took with it looked very good...)After the party we picked up pizza on the way home and Hillary and Aidan came over for a bot to eat with us. We then put the boys down for a nap and once they woke up we went to Railhead to get JV some TX BBQ.
The next morning we hung around the house and I tried to get started on the laundry. All the boys were determined to wake me up early. Carter woke up at 5:15am and it was hard to ignore him because he was sleeping in our room since JV was upstairs in his room. Riley came in at 6 something and then Chad kept snoring and waking me up. Needless to say I was a cranky girl! But Chad was sweet to take the boys to the living room, and when Carter went down for his morning nap, Chad & JV took Riley and the dogs on a walk. When they got home I had woken up and we got ready and met Grammy, Nana & Papa for lunch at Lucile's. Chad & JV took the boys home after so I could get some grocery shopping done. It took me longer than usual as I made a few new dishes this week and I had to buy things I had never bought before.
After I got home and Riley woke up from his nap we brought the boys over to the Loveladys to be babysat while we adults went out for Kate's birthday. We had a great dinner at Uncle Julio's and then we finished off the evening at Del Frisco's for dessert. It was the PERFECT night with friends! But it made for a rough Monday morning.
JV left on Monday morning so Chad took him to the airport while I got the boys to school. On a separate note about school, Riley is OFFICIALLY considered potty trained and Ms Carmengave him a medal on Friday at school to congratulate him! Also this week Riley starts the transition at school upstairs to the preschool classes. We are really excited for our big boy!
The past two nights at home I have had some awesome successes in the kitchen. Last night I made probably the BEST homemade meal I have ever made, eggplant parmigiana. It took awhile, but it was so amazing!! Tonight I made zucchini pizza and even homemade my own crust! It was really yummy too! I am so proud of myself! But now I am TIRED! No wonder a lot of families eat bad food every night! It's cause to home make your meals takes a lot of time and I am exhausted! Now to relax for a few minutes before I must go to sleep! Night night!


No comments:
Post a Comment