On Monday Carter started daycare at TLCC. Chad & I dropped the boys off together and they both did great! Carter could have cared less that we were leaving and Riley even let us both leave relatively quickly! At the end of the day Carter was ALL smiles! I think he really enjoyed having the other kids to play with and new toys to amuse him and I know the teachers up there just oohed and ahhed over him! In fact, all week he was smiles most nights and really tired by bed time. Maybe he's going through a growth spurt or maybe he is just pooped from all the interaction and new experiences, but this is what he looked like most nights right after his bedtime bottle:
He is playing with his new pirate ship that the Loveladys got him for his birthday. It is one of his new favorites!
The rest of the week went fine. Work was hectic at the beginning as I was coming off a week of vacation and another girl was going on vacation and so I was covering for her occasionally and then the third girl who does the same job as me had jury duty for half days on Monday and Tuesday, so at those times I was the only admin in the office. Made for a hectic start of the week, but also made the days fly by!
On Friday night my dad came by to locate sprinkler heads that we need to cap in the backyard for the boys' playset. I am really excited that we will be erecting that in just two short weeks! It has been patiently sitting in the garage waiting for it's day in the sun! After that we went to Pappas Burger for dinner with my parents. I wore a TCU shirt, not knowing that it was $1.00 shake night if you wore purple! And I only got a kids shake and realized it once we left! Oops!
Chad worked most of the weekend getting a really big project done since he will be getting a vasectomy tomorrow and doesn't know how he will feel the rest of the week. Yes, you read that right, the Jungs are done having kids! Woo hoo! Love my two boys and our family is now complete!
On Saturday my mom came over to help me take the boys to Target for their 3 year (Riley) and 6 month (Carter) photos. 6 months ago I tried someplace new and really wasn't happy and this time I went back to my old favorite, the SuperTarget in Hurst and they again did a really great job for me! I was really pleased and had a hard time picking photos to buy. Here are some of our favorites:
My mom then took the boys to her house to nap and play so I could grocery shop in peace and get a few things done at home. I then went over to my parents after to wait for Riley to wake up from his nap. Once he did we went home and he helped me make Parmesan Chicken for dinner. He basically played in the flour! He kept eating it and telling me it was yum! Crazy boy! I let him make a giant mess and I wish I had snapped a picture, but I was too busy cooking and getting dinner on the table and then cleaning Riley up to remember to grab the camera! Tonight we are making pizzas at home so we'll see what kind of mess he makes tonight! I honestly don't care how big a mess he makes as long as it makes him excited to eat dinner!
Today we met up with Nana, Papa & Grammy at La Madeline. Riley said he wanted a pancake, but they don't have that on the menu so I got him french toast and just told him it was a pancake and lo and behold, he ate it! Good thing it was a round french toast cause it helped my little white lie!
Carter seems to have already caught a small cold from daycare, or I guess there is a small chance it could be allergies, but he has developed a small cough and some congestion. We'll see how it progresses this week. Hopefully he'll feel okay come Thursday when the boys have their 3 year and 6 month check ups.
We have a very exciting week coming up so I can't wait to blog next week. Our really good friend JV is flying in on Friday and Riley's birthday party is next Saturday! Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment