If I had known how this past week was going to start, I might not have sounded so optimistic at the end of last week's blog. Monday was fine, but on Monday night Carter started crying in the middle of the night and when I got out of bed to get him, nausea hit me like a ton of bricks. I managed to go upstairs and rock him before rushing back down stairs and then proceeding to be sick for most of the next 9 hours. At about 10am, I was dehydrated, dizzy and couldn't keep a thing down. Chad took me to the emergency room where they put two bags of fluids in me, started me on anti-nausea meds, took blood and took some x-rays of my abdomen. The blood results came back and my white blood cell count was elevated so they wanted to do a CT scan of my abdomen to rule out my gallbladder or appendix. They took me up for that scan and within minutes of them injecting the iodine contrast into my IV, I broke out in hives all over my arms, face, chest, neck and back. I had never had a CT scan before, but apparantly I am allergic to the iodine contrast. They pumped me full of Benadryl, which made me really sleepy. I'm not sure how much time passed before they came in and told me it was a gut infection/food poisoning, gave me some prescriptions and sent me home. As soon as we got home I climbed into bed and slept for the next 13 hours.
Tuesday I managed to make it to work and worked a full 8 hours before heading home. That night Riley and I were laying in his bed before he went to sleep and he started asking about his Halloween costume. It had arrived a few weeks earlier, but I hid it in the closet. I told him that the mailman had to bring it and he asked when. I told him "Tomorrow." Well, that boy does not forget ANYTHING and the first thing he asked when he got home from school was if the mailman had brought his costume. I told him yes and he wanted to put it on:
Is that a happy boy, or what? I think he really thought the dragon wings would let him fly and was disappointed to find out they did not. But then he told me he had to get just a little bit bigger and then he could fly. He then asked about Halloween and told us he wanted to go to Halloween's house. I told him that Halloween was a day, not a person, and was in 30 days. He said "I want to go there!" I'm not sure I got the point across that he had to wait as he was obsessed with candy and wanted it to be Halloween right now.
On Wednesday Grandmommy picked Riley up from school and they went to the museum. They had fun playing in the water works outside and Riley told me all about taking off his shirt when he got home. He also, apparantly ran into his friend Aiden at the museum also.
That night Chad & I took Carter to Joe T's for dinner. The weather was perfect! The temperature was just right, not too cold, not too hot. The guitar duo came around and asked if they could play something for us and Chad asked them to play something Carter would like. Carter was enthralled by them. He just stopped everything and stared at them while they played. Then, when they played for the table next to us, he turned around in his high chair to watch them some more.

We also let Carter celebrate his first tooth by chewing on some tortillas. He was loving them and just stuffing them in his mouth! When one would get too soggy, we would trade it out for a new one!


While at dinner we got pictures from Nana & Papa of Riley's evening fun down in Houston. He was having a great time at Steve & Alison's house learning to play t-ball, riding a tricycle and playing with their two dogs, Roman & Sasha. (Also, Nana says he currently hits better as a leftie....interesting....)






As you will notice in these last few and the next few photos, Riley is wearing his cowboy boots. He got these boots last Christmas from Grandmommy & Haha and has NEVER worn them. Well, apparantly Ethan wore cowboy boots to school on Friday and now Riley is obsessed with wearing his. I was nervous they would not fit, but he was determined and reminded me that he DID have boots and got his feet into them, so we let him wear them. They are pretty cute!
Yesterday Nana & Papa took Riley to the Science & History Museum and the Children's Museum in Houston.




Then they headed to Memaw's house to spend the evening and night. While there Riley got to help my cousins, Amy & Elizabeth brush Amy's steer, Prince. Don't you know that little cowboy was in Heaven?

He then got to bounce on the trampoline. I know he had a blast and I am sure his Memaw enjoyed getting to see him.
Chad & I went to Dallas yesterday to watch Henry IV at Dallas Theater Center. It was really good, and we were impressed with a couple of the performances specifically. It was really nice to go out there and see a show in their new space. Chad is going to be designing The Wiz for them next Summer so seeing this show was a bit of research for him.
Then they headed to Memaw's house to spend the evening and night. While there Riley got to help my cousins, Amy & Elizabeth brush Amy's steer, Prince. Don't you know that little cowboy was in Heaven?
Hopefully the start of this week will be kinder to me than last week!
No comments:
Post a Comment