Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pumpkin Crawl

When Riley got back from Memaw's last week he had a new quilt in tow that she had made specially for him. It was a train quilt and we put it on his bed first thing!



Last week was a busy one. The fire truck came to Riley's school on Thursday and he talked to us about being safe when he got home. I love to hear the things he learns at school. Last night in the tub he was singing us a song we had never heard before! We love it!

On Saturday morning I had an eye doctor appointment, but in the afternoon we headed to the pumpkin patch with Elizabeth and Kate and also Rich, Jill & Riley Scott. We had fun, but man was it hot! The boys ran around and the two little ones rode in the stroller at first:

With the bright sun, Riley insisted upon wearing his sunglasses:



Everyone had fun riding the small tractors, but they sure are hard to pedal:





They also had fun playing in the hay house:

By the end though, we were all hot and I think Carter shows it best that we were ready to go home:

Once at home we waited for Rich, Jill & Riley Scott to come over to play and Carter showed off his newly discovered crawling skills. He is not getting up on his knees yet, but he sure can get around! This was about all the crawling Riley did before he started walking so we'll have to see what Carter does:


Carter also got his second tooth last night! This time the bottom right! I was very excited to discover it as well!
But that night Riley Scott and Riley Aaron played out in the backyard and we all had a great time visiting before it was finally bathtime. Jill & Rich told me that Riley Scott hates the bath, but he was the first kiddo undressed and in the tub so I sure didn't see that! I guess it's always more fun to bathe with a friend! We tried to get a pick of all three boys in the tub for Memaw, but we had trouble getting them all to look at the camera at the same time:



After bath the Riley's got to watch a little bit of Riley's new favorite movie, Beauty and the Beast before Riley Scott had to go home.


Then Riley finished watching the movie by himself with his cowboy hat, horse and boots on. Riley Scott had some slipper boots to wear with his pajamas, so Riley Aaron said he needed to wear his boots too.

On Sunday we met Grammy, Nana & Papa at Lucile's for lunch and after lunch and naps we got up and decorated our pumpkins. We made a pirate pumpkin and put stars all over the other pumpkin. It was a lot of fun for Riley to help me!



I tried to get a photo of both boys with the pumpkins. Carter was clearly more interested in the leaves on the ground:

So Riley tried to help me out:

This ended up being the best shot even though they both aren't smiling! Happy Halloween!

I love lighting our pumpkin up each night!

Today was a very special day. This morning we met Mike, Christina and Macey Jane at the Family courthouse where her adoption was made official! It was such an amazing thing to witness! I shed a few tears of joy for their family and felt so blessed to be a part of their special day!





And finally, a bit of personal news for myself. Today I turned in my resignation at my job and starting November 1 I will be starting a new job working back in the non-profit field. I am really excited about this new opportunity, but really sad about leaving some of my really good friends behind. Wish me the best as I start this new endeavor!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the new job! And, the boys are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete