Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Smash and Grab

Pictures are a little sparse this week due to the crazy weekend we had. I forgot last week to post this picture of Carter & Grandmommy riding the train. It was Carter's first train ride! I know there will be many more in his future!

Last week on Wednesday Grandmommy & Haha picked Riley and Carter up and they went to the bookstore! I am so sad the because the bookstore they like to go to is closing! The boys also spent the night with Grandmommy & Haha that night. Chad & I had a great night at home. We ordered Chinese food, watch The Hurt Locker and caught up on some Tivo.

On Thursday night I needed to make sure that Carter's Halloween costume fit as there was photographer coming to the boys' school on Friday to take pictures of them in their costumes. Riley does not need a reason to try on his costume. He LOVES wearing it. I had all three of my guys pose on the porch. Love them! I am sad though because my star pumpkin is already rotting out and will have to go in the trash this week. Gross!

Friday was when things got crazy. Chad was working in Dallas and I had to pick the boys up from school. Fridays are always crazy in that there is alot of stuff to carry out from daycare. I don't feel safe having my arms overloaded with stuff and carrying Carter and trying to hold Riley's hand while we cross the parking lot, so I carried out all of their stuff to the car and then went back in to get them. In the 10 minutes I went back in to grab the boys someone smashed in my driver's side window of my car and stole my purse and wallet. I went back in daycare and the police were called. Ms Diana, Ms Brittany and Krystal were so sweet to stay and help me and watch the boys inside while I waited for the police. Chad called the bank and credit card companies to cancel all the credit cards and thankfully none of the cards had been used yet. After waiting two hours Chad got to daycare and we decided to head home and wait for the police to come there. They finally did just before 9pm (Riley thought having a policeman at our house was REALLY exciting!) and we filed the report and they dusted my car for fingerprints. They got some good ones so we are really hoping they are not mine and will flag a suspect that has been caught before.

On Saturday morning I took the boys to an auto glass repair place to get a new window. They were so well behaved and about an hour later I had a new window. They did not do tinting where we took it though, so now I have to take it to another place tomorrow and get my window tinted to match the others. After we got the new window I took the boys to Nana & Papa's and I went to the bank to get a new bank card. I was happy to find that they can issue you a temporary card until your official new one comes in the mail. I then headed to the grocery store and then home to meet Hillary for some girl time, which by this time was soooo needed. We went to get manicures and pedicures and followed that up with a drink at Pappasitos. It was so nice to visit with her and get pampered!

I then went back to Nana & Papa's house and Riley helped me make a new recipe: pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. They were so good and we made 4 dozen so we left about half with Nana & Papa and took some home and also made a small baggie of some for Grammy.

On Sunday we met up with Grammy, Nana & Papa at Olive Garden for lunch and it was quite a battle with Riley to get him to eat his macaroni & cheese. He finally did eat all his bites, but only after we told him he couldn't go with Nana & Papa after, or have a cookie or a mint for dessert unless he ate. I did have to feed the bites to him, but at least we got them in him. Talk about a dramatic boy!

Chad & I went home with Carter and then later that afternoon we picked up Riley and headed to Mike, Christina & Macey's for Macey's adoption party. It was a great time and it was really fun to watch the kids all play!

This morning I went and got a new driver's license and was surprised to learn that the temporary license they issue you now has your photo on it so you can use it like a real license! Slowly I am gettin my life (well my purse's life) back together. I found my same purse on eBay (not sold in Fort Worth so I don't think it's actually my purse!) and bought it the other day and a similar wallet so when that gets here I will really start to feel like myself again. And I am being so cautious with my stuff now and will not go into daycare without it anymore. I really wish we could come up with a solution though as my car was not the first to be broken into....

In the end though I am happy that the boys were not harmed and I was not harmed. Things can be replaced. It was hard trying to explain to Riley what happened and that there are "bad" people that steal. He wants to get them with his pirate sword! So sweet to watch out for his Mommy like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment