Friday, February 4, 2011

Stock Show and Snow

Last Saturday was the prayer event at my church. I picked Kate up at 6:30am and after a short stop at Starbucks for morning coffee we were at the church. The event was great and there were just over 200 people there. I am very proud of my mother in law for putting the entire thing together. Her energy is endless and she really can get anything done if she puts her mind to it! While we were at the church, Nana & Papa took Riley & Carter to Maddie's 4th birthday party at Chuck E Cheese:








































I am really proud of the present Chad picked out for Maddie. I told him to look for his inner 4 year old girl and he looked for a girl present he thought Riley would like and ended up with Cinderella, with her carriage and horses! It was so cool!

On Sunday we met up with Nana, Papa, Kip & Grammy at La Madeline. It was so nice and warm out that we sat outside and ate on the patio. We got to talking about how snow was headed to DFW later in the week and we had plans to go to the Stock Show with Grandmommy & Haha on Wednesday when the temps were supposed to be below freezing. We ended up calling them then to see if they wanted to reschedule for that afternoon. They did and Riley was too excited to nap so we met up with them about 2:30. We started at the midway and Riley pretty much just led us from ride to ride showing us where he wanted to go. First he rode his tried and true favorite, the train.






Carter was too small to go on any rides, but since it was his naptime, he just hung out calmly in his stroller and did great!


Next Riley & Gradmommy rode the dragon roller coaster. You can't quite see Riley in these pictures! Just his hand and boots!








Then Riley wanted to ride the bumper cars. He couldn't reach the pedals and so I had to ride with him to drive. It was funny because the cars were so small I almost didn't fit!

Then Riley rode a car that looked like a blue glittery version of Grandmommy's car:


And then he rode the horse and buggy. He looked so serious as he hit the whip that he looked like he belonged in the wagon races in the real rodeo!






Next came the boat rides. These reminded me of a ride they used to have at Six Flags Over Texas when I was little!


And then we ended up back at the train where we ran into Riley's friend, Aiden. Aiden and Riley have radar on each other and run into each other everywhere!


Riley rode in the front of the train so he could ring the bell.


Aiden had enough tickets for one more ride. They wanted to ride these helicopters, but didn't have enough tickets so they ended up back at the horse & wagon ride.


We then went inside to the exhibitions because Haha wanted to buy Riley a cowboy hat. Riley had just seen Aiden in his black cowboy hat so he had to get a black one too! He also got a lasso rope. Thanks Haha!


On our way out of the exhibitions and on our way to see the animals we ran into Kate, Zachary, Elizabeth & Kate's dad. Liz was so excited to see Riley that she hopped into our stroller and was ready to hang out with us!






We had to head our separate ways though and we took the boys into the animal barns and they had a great time playing with these toy tractors while we had a snack. I had some wonderful cinnamon almonds that I have been craving more of ever since!




It was starting to get dark and cold, but before heading out we had to go by the midway again. I rode the helicopter ride with Riley and I have to say, it scared me!


Then after another go at the train, Riley & Chad rode this slide together.






And then on the way out the door, Riley decided he wanted to ride the pony so Haha took him to do that.




While Riley rode the pony, Chad took Carter into the petting zoo. Carter had no fear of the animals and just walked around. Little goats were just whizzing past him and he thought it was great!




We went to eat dinner at Pappadeaux with Grandmommy & Haha on the way home. Riley was so tired from all the fun that he fell asleep on the way home. Thanks for a great afternoon Grandmommy & Haha!


Monday was business as usual, but on Monday night an arctic cold front came through and brought with it ice, sleet and snow. On Tuesday my work and the boys daycare was closed. We took the boys outside to play very briefly.














It was way too cold to stay out for long though so we came in and while Carter napped Riley helped me make pumpkin cookies. On Wednesday work and daycare were closed again. The roads were a bit better so we brought the boys to Grandmommy & Haha's to play. They spent the night there and Chad & I both went to work yesterday. When we brought the boys over there the dogs ate half the pumpkin cookies off the counter and yesterday they ate the bathroom trash as well as two bags of chips out of the pantry. I think they are getting stir crazy, but it is just too cold them to be out longer than to go potty. Last night it started snowing again and while they were predicting a light dusting, it snowed almost 5 inches! So again, my work was closed and daycare too. Riley Scott was headed to my parents house because Jill & Rich needed to work so Nana & Papa asked for the boys to come over. I had to take a picture of Carter as we were getting bundled up because I think he looks too cute in his hat!


Here's the house today after all the snow.


After we dropped off the boys we had to stop by Chad's office. The roads are dicey today and I am glad I don't have to drive on them Chad is a great driver on them and we have just been using my 4WD SUV and he has been taking us everywhere. When we got home today we had a box on the porch from my uncles Jimmy & Chip. Chip had made a beautiful cross-stitch for Carter to match the one he made previously for Riley. Here are pictures of both of them! Thank you Jimmy & Chip!!




I hope this weather clears up soon as I am tired of being cold!


No comments:

Post a Comment