Saturday, February 12, 2011

I'm 30, but let's pray for Zachary

Haha sent me some pictures from the stock show and since I couldn't take pictures of myself in the bumper cars with Riley, I wanted to share those now.




Haha also got these great shots of Riley ringing the train bell while he rode the train.






(That was his choo-choo face!)

This past week was a busy one. On Monday I mailed out Carter's birthday invitations. On Tuesday night I worked late because I was scared my office would be closed due to ice the next day and there was a presentation I needed to finish for a conference call that would happen no matter what the weather was like. I then rushed to a facilitator training for the WARM Place. I am currently going through training to become a volunteer there. They are a group counseling center for grieving children who have lost parents, grandparents, siblings or someone else close to them.

It did ice late that night and FWISD (and therefore the boys' daycare) was closed again. Luckily Nana's school and Papa's work was also closed and so they offered to watch the boys for us. My work opened late and Chad had a meeting in Dallas at 1pm. Chad drove me to work. While the boys were at Nana & Papa's they made brownies, played and played the piano:





Thursday was a BIG day - my 30th birthday! I woke up and Chad & Riley gave me a card and then told me about my gift that would be shipped the next week. Chad had my blogs from 2010 bound in a book for me. I am so excited to see it!! My work made a hilarious flyer that they plastered all over my cubicle with pictures of me from 6th grade and my senior year of high school. It was hilarious! Melissa & Jane from work took me to lunch at Mi Cocina. After work I met up with Nana, Papa, Chad and the boys at Joe T's for dinner. We sat at the same table we sat at for my birthday last year. My parents got me a Kindle gift card and a cake. My birthday is also Riley's half birthday so he helped me blow out my candles.



That night Kate called and texted that Zachary was not feeling well. He was having trouble breathing and they ended up with him at Cooks and he ended up have to be put on a ventilator to help him breathe and a feeding tube to eat. Early yesterday morning we took the boys to school and rushed to the ICU to see him. He was coming out of sedation before they gave him more and we did get to see him awake for a second. He was calm, but you could tell he was not feeling well. Later in the day yesterday they gave him different pain meds to help him rest and that really helped. Today we got news that they took him off the ventilator and he is breathing on his own and Kate sent this pic of him resting.


Please keep the Lovelady family in your prayers as after Zachary gets out of ICU he will still spend some days in a regular room before getting to come home.

Yesterday I met Tracy for a birthday lunch at Yucatan Taco Stand (it was too brief!) and the after work my work hosted a quick Happy Hour at Love Shack. It was great to visit with all my new co-workers outside of the office. This morning I went to The WARM Place again for more training and then went to get all the gunky salt and sand washed off my VERY dirty car. It's been a busy and stressful week worrying about my friends, and even though it was my birthday, I am glad the week is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment