Saturday, February 19, 2011

Superheroes and Batcaves

First off the important news! Zachary is out of the hospital!!! He was released early last week and has been at home recuperating. We are all so happy he is home and on the mend and we hope his parents get some much needed rest after a busy/stressful week.

On another note, I keep forgetting to post the pictures from when my parents watched both Rileys and Carter while it snowed. Here they all are in bed, acting like they were going to take a nap they never ended up taking...

So Papa ended up taking the Rileys out on the golf course to go exploring! How fun!

On Monday night, even though Zachary had just been released from the hospital, we took Elizabeth home with us to spend the night with us. It was our first time hosting a slumber party and I think Elizabeth's first time spending the night with non-family members. We had a really great time and Liz did great! Riley threw the temper tantrums, not Liz. Neither Riley nor Liz really ate dinner, but they were in good moods and actually slept in Riley's bed together without staying up all night talking! They were pretty funny as they tried to fall asleep and when I walked in to wake them up in the morning, Riley had all the covers and Liz had none!







On Wednesday night the boys spent the night at Grandmommy & Haha's and Riley built a really long train. I loved that when he came home the next day and I asked him what he did he told me about this train and I had the picture already so I knew what he was talking about!



Last night we went to the Lovelady house to have dinner and just be with them and we had a great time, although Chad & I were exhausted. If the stress of Zachary being sick has made us as wiped out as we are, I cannot imagine what Kate & Jason feel like right now.

Today Chad had to work and I had a WARM Place training so the boys went to Nana & Papa's. Papa took Riley to Jack & Jake's birthday party and it was a superhero party and every kid got their own cape! There were also lots of bounce houses!







There was also this really COOL batcave for the kids to play in!
(Thanks Cowtown Camera Girl for the awesome shot!)

After my training I went to Nana & Papa's and then Nana & I took the boys to Target for Carter's 1 year photos and Riley's 3 1/2 year photos. They did great and I can't wait to share the images with you all. We had a cowboy theme this year.

After the pictures we went back to Nana & Papa's and Papa replaced my brake light for me while Riley & I played in the trailer out back. Or should I say Batman and I played as Riley insisted I call him Batman!



We then went to dinner with Nana & Papa and Nana thankfully came over to help me with the boys baths because I am just exhausted. Which is why I'll close now so I can go to bed and get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment