Sunday, May 22, 2011

Papa's 52nd

The past week went by faster than I ever could have imagined. On Monday night I picked up the boys and we met Chad for a quick dinner at Flying Fish before he had to head back to work.

Tuesday night was teeball at Tillery Park. Papa picked up the boys early again so they could play at the park before practice. Riley did pretty good at practice.

On Wednesday I went up to Riley's school to have hot dog lunch with him. It was a lot of fun. I got to sit at his table with him and his friends and I stayed after while his teacher read the class a book and then I took him to lay down for his nap and I went back to work. It was nice to see him at school.

On Thursday I went and got a mani-pedi at lunch to prep for my work trip to Las Vegas. That night I had WARM Place so Papa picked the boys up for me and put them to bed.

On Friday night we went out for Papa's birthday since I am out of town today (his actual birthday). We went to Olive Garden and Steve and Kly were in town and able to join us. We bought cupcakes and petit fours at Bluebonnet Bakery that morning and after we ate Riley helped Papa blow out his candles.


The boys were in a great mood at dinner and were in very silly moods!


Our present to Papa was an Orioles t-shirt and hat that he could wear to Riley's teeball games. I left yesterday to go out of town for work and I missed Riley's teeball game. Nana took pictures for me. This first set of pictures shows Riley's first time up to bat. Apparently, he was happy to bat, but as soon as he hit the ball he headed back to the dugout, instead of to first base. One of the moms then carried him upside down to first base, where he then happily ran the rest of the bases.












His second time up to bat he went to first, second and third bases fine, but then didn't want to go from third base home, so Chad (while holding Carter) held Riley's hand and walked him to home plate.






















Riley looks so cute in his teeball pants! In addition to Papa's Orioles shirt and hat, Chad also had an Orioles shirt and so did Carter. They were such a hit that now other moms are thinking about getting shirts.

I've got a busy end to the weekend and week ahead of me for my work conference, but at least I have a Memorial Day holiday to look forward to next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment