Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Kicking The Doctor

Doctor’s appointment was this morning. I meant to have Chad take a new belly pic this morning for me to post with this blog, but Chad came down with what we think is the flu last night and I wasn’t about to bug him this morning as I told him he needed his rest! Unfortunately, due to his flu-like symptoms he was not allowed to step foot in the doctor’s office and not able to join me for today’s appointment.

Not much happened at today’s appointment. I was weighed first and I must say, I do not like the scale at the doctor’s office as it always shows my weight at 3-4 pounds more than my one at home! Based off their measurements I seem to have gained about 13 pounds total and I am still 21 pounds away from what I weighed at the end of being pregnant with Riley. I hope that since I only have about 16 and a half weeks to go that I will not gain more than I did with Riley! After that they took my blood pressure, which again the nurse said was good. A little while later the doctor’s assistant came in and said that a lot of women were in labor this morning and the doctor was with them and she was sorry he was not able to make it for my appointment. I like the assistant also, so it didn’t matter to me who oversaw my appointment. She asked how I had been feeling and I told her about the pain I had a couple of weeks ago and she said that sometimes around 20 weeks women will have a lot of pain as their uterus grows out of the pelvic area. And for some reason some women have more pain at this time with subsequent pregnancies than they did with their first. She was happy that it was no longer bothering me and was sorry that it was bothersome for so many days in a row. I also told her that I was able to get the H1N1 shot last week and she was happy about that. She said that their office got a small supply, but after they had given it to all the employees in the office there was only 8 shots left per doctor in the practice and she thought they might have already gone through them all.

She then listened to Carter’s heartbeat and she found it first thing, but then she lost it as it seems that Carter flipped over in my belly. She moved the Doppler to the other side of my belly button and found it again. As soon as she did I felt Carter kick right at the Doppler! He continued to try and wrestle his way away from the Doppler, but she was eventually able to get a reading of 161 bpm. I laughed and said he sure was kicking up a storm in there and she agreed that he was being stubborn!

My next appointment is in 4 weeks and at that appointment I will have my glucose test to test for gestational diabetes. I am happy that this doctor does the test in the office as I had to go to a lab to get this test done for Riley. When I arrive I have to drink a sugary drink and then an hour later they take blood. While I am waiting I will have my appointment.

So there is the update! Everything seems to be going very smoothly and we are very happy about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment