Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Washing Baby Hair

On Monday we got a big surprise from Nana & Papa! Nana called and asked if they could stop by, but didn’t tell me why. When they arrived they brought a big box inside and it was the glider I wanted for Carter’s room! I was so excited! My dad was so sweet to take it upstairs and immediately assemble it! It looks so great! I was thrilled with the fabric as it is a soft micro-suede. I was unable to tell what the fabric was like as I picked the glider online, but I love it in person! Thanks Nana & Papa! I can’t wait to rock Carter in it!


On Saturday we took Riley to get another haircut at Cool Cuts 4 Kids. The night before I was reading Riley ‘The Nose Book’ by Dr. Suess and in the book there is a dog sitting in a barber chair getting a haircut. We talked about the picture a lot that night and then Riley said he wanted to get a haircut. I said “Good! We’re getting one tomorrow!” However, in the morning he was not so sure about it! I reminded him about the book and even brought it with us, just in case. Riley was excited when we arrived and played with the trains before they called him back. He picked out the fire truck chair and we started a Thomas The Train DVD, but then Riley started crying. The good thing was he didn’t seem to cry as bad as the last time, but we are still not there by any means.


(he's got his candy in hand, but still crying!)

After the haircut Chad & Riley went outside while I paid and I took a while, so they came back in to check on me. Riley was really proud of himself and when I asked if he was a good boy, he said yes and when I asked if he cried he said no. Ah, what a warped vision he has of the actual event.

I’m sure everyone is aware of the big TCU game that happened on Saturday. On Thursday afternoon Chad got a call to see if he could light 6 metal structures on Lancaster Ave purple by Friday night. It was a HUGE undertaking, with Chad working around the clock, but he managed to get them all lit and they looked great! We were all so proud of him as this isn’t his usual theatre lighting job!






After the haircut on Saturday we did our grocery shopping and then went home to relax. I hadn’t been feeling good all last week and I was tired. The weekend before I started to get a sore throat and last week I had a sore throat and cough every morning when I woke up. By Friday it seemed to be getting worse and I tried to call my obgyn and see if they could tell me what to take. They told me to take Robitussin DM and cough drops over the weekend and see if it got better. If not, I should call them back. It did not get better. In fact, the Robitussin made it worse! So I called the obgyn back yesterday and they told me to call my primary care physician to make an appointment. I saw my PCP yesterday afternoon and I basically have a sinus infection. She started me on antibiotics and while I felt the worst this morning when I woke up, once I got upright I could tell that the meds were starting to do their thing and hopefully I will be much better by the end of the week.

On Saturday night we had the blessing of babysitting our goddaughter Elizabeth while her mom worked and her dad went to the TCU game. I was a little nervous at first as Chad was still working when Liz arrived, but I was a champ! I can totally do this two kid thing! We started out our evening by making brownies, which was a bit of a challenge, but Riley was a big helper, helping me stir the batter and Liz even tried to help, but just managed to drop a fridge magnet in the batter that I had to fish out! Liz was being very clingy so I got Riley situated watching a movie and then I just did my best to pay attention to her. While I was feeding her dinner Chad arrived home and made us dinner and then we gave Riley & Liz a joint bath, which was so much fun!






Riley was so sweet to help wash Liz’s hair and thankfully she doesn’t have his same aversion to water being dumped over her head as he kept saying “wash baby’s hair” and pouring water on her head. After bath they gave each other the sweetest night-night kiss and Chad put Riley to bed while I rocked Liz. I had a hard time trying to figure out where to situate her in my arms with my belly, but eventually I got her in a comfortable place and she fell asleep in my arms. Once Chad was done putting Riley to bed he put the Pack N Play together and we put Liz to sleep there. Kate picked her up later that night. When we got Riley up on Sunday morning the first person he asked about was Elizabeth! So sweet!

On Sunday morning I first heard Riley up at 6:30am. By 8:00am, I heard him playing with one of his train toys, so we got up. Seems he got out of bed, got his train toy and got back in bed! Smart boy! It is nice to know that for now he seems to play nicely in his bed until Mommy & Daddy get up. At lunchtime we met up with Grammy, Nana, Papa & Memaw at Lucile’s for lunch. Riley insisted on having waffles for breakfast and he did a good job of eating them when he wasn’t being silly!


We had a nice lunch and then we went home to put Riley down for a nap. He had a hard time falling asleep at naptime this weekend. He played in his bed each day for at least an hour before he finally fell asleep. After he woke up on Sunday we went to Grandmommy & HaHa’s to give HaHa some boxes of Jello Pudding Pops that we had found at the store the week before. HaHa loves these pops and we hadn’t been able to find them for a long time! He was really excited and then of course we stayed for a bit and played with Riley’s trains.

I also got another haircut yesterday. I went for a sort of chin length shaggy bob look. Sorry I don’t have a picture. It feels great and so much lighter and I think it will be much more manageable in the coming months as my body gets much less manageable!

Here’s a closing picture of my child eating popcorn for dinner last night. He can’t say I’m not a fun mom!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun time, I love your glider. I bet you are so excited to start this process over, fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete