Halloween was a busy weekend and I am looking forward to things hopefully slowing down a bit in November. Speaking of slowing down, my workouts have REALLY been slowing down. Last week I tried to get back into the swing of things by going to an easy yoga class. I did not find it easy, and they spent half the class on their stomachs, which I was unable to do. I left the class frustrated and not sure of my future at the gym for the rest of this pregnancy. I am going to try and start walking more, but we’ll see how that goes. I am hurting less than I was in the past couple of weeks so that is good. Maybe my body just needed a break!
Last Wednesday Riley spent the night with Grandmommy & Haha. They went to Alberstson’s and Riley rode in the little car cart again and Grandmommy took this photo!
Last Wednesday Riley spent the night with Grandmommy & Haha. They went to Alberstson’s and Riley rode in the little car cart again and Grandmommy took this photo!
Since Chad was working in Denton that night I called my dad to see if he would come over and hang the blinds in Carter’s room for me. I needed to see if the blinds were going to work before my Memaw got in to town, since if they didn’t work I would need her to sew me some curtains. To start, last week I mentioned the spiral staircase that leads up to our loft room and I thought a picture was worth a thousand words:
Here is a picture of the window that we were going to put the blinds on:
My dad got the middle blinds hung on Wednesday, but by then it was late so he hung the two side blinds on Saturday for me. I think they look really good and for the price, they were definitely worth it! Here are some pictures of the finished window!
(Still have to take care of shortening the cords so no kids can mess with them.)
(Window: After, blinds open)
On Thursday we were finally able to get Riley in for the 2nd part of his regular flu shot. His doctor’s office had depleted their supply and then Chad got really busy with work so we were unable to get him in. Finally, on Thursday I called and they had the shots in and Chad was able to take off early in the afternoon to get Riley there on time.
I also got a shot of my own on Friday. Tarrant County, where we live, was having its first mass H1N1 immunization clinic at a coliseum in Haltom City and it was only open to pregnant women and children ages 6 months to 18 years with chronic medical conditions. My ob-gyn had said if I was able to get the shot, to get it, and I am not one to procrastinate. I want the task off of my “To-Do” list as soon as possible. Of course, I was nervous that since this was the first mass clinic in the county that there would be crazy lines. I had nightmares all night about long lines and shots and I woke up at 5:30am anxious to find out if there was a line of people already waiting. I knew the local news would be covering the clinic so I turned on the news to see. At 5:30am, the only person in line was a woman who had camped out in a tent since 10:30pm the night before. (Crazy!) Let me also mention that temperatures Thursday night were in the 40s and it was lightly raining. Not ideal conditions for standing in line outside. I stayed in bed and continued watching the news. At 6am, there were more people in line, but the news did not state how many. I decided I should get up and get showered and dressed. At 6:30am the news said the line had grown to 30-40 people. I decided to go ahead and go down and get in line. I brought snacks, bottled water, a book, my umbrella and a camping chair. I got to the coliseum at 7am and got in line. I was probably about 100 people back in line. The doors were supposed to open at 9am and the clinic was supposed to start at 10am. I sat in my camping chair until 9am and then stood in line the rest of the time. I was afraid to eat or drink though because they would not let you in the building to use the restroom. (Not such great news for all us pregnant ladies in line). At about 9:45am they sent greeters out to screen the people in line and make sure they were eligible for the shot. If you were you got a paper and were allowed to proceed. If you were not, you got info about possible future clinics and were asked to leave the line. I finally made it in the building a little after 10:30am and had my shot by 10:45am or so. When I left the line for shots was wrapped all around the building. I was just so glad to be able to cross this off the list and also so glad to be able to go to the bathroom!
On Friday Riley’s daycare had a costume parade in the morning. Chad went with him. All the kids dress up in their costumes and they go trick or treating at neighborhood businesses. Riley had a lot of fun at this and even wore the crown to his costume! I of course missed it, due to my H1N1 shot. Maybe next year…. They followed up the parade with pizza lunch, nap time and then Halloween parties in the afternoon.

(Elizabeth, Riley & Kate)
(Kate started not feeling well so Chad took over "parading" Elizabeth around!)
(Riley - the Good Knight, getting candy!)
(Mmmmm....yummy!)
(Riley's class, all dressed up!)
On Saturday Chad headed to Denton to work on an opera all day. My parents came over about 9am and my Dad assisted me in running a cable line downstairs to this little nook outside our stairwell. With Carter’s room being upstairs we needed to move our home office downstairs. We have always had this strange little nook outside our bedroom door and across from the stairs. I had made it my ironing corner, but it didn’t really look that purposeful. After multiple trips to Home Depot and having to come over again Sunday morning to re-cut the cable connections, my Dad was able to get everything (i.e. Internet) up and running! The desk looks so good down there and it really gives the “nook” a purposeful feel. I am so thankful to my mom and dad, who came over early and worked on the cable, helped move the desk downstairs and then hung the other two blinds I mentioned earlier. I felt bad because Riley and I had to leave them to go to a Halloween party, but they seemed fine to keep working and I love them so much for that!
(Riley helping Nana work in the nook)
So Riley and I went and picked up Kate and Elizabeth and headed to a Halloween Party/Playdate at Krystal, Ethan and Caleb’s house. Riley and Ethan are in the same class at daycare and Caleb and Elizabeth are in the same class at daycare. The kids all had a great time playing for a couple of hours and before we knew it we needed to leave to go trick or treating. Here are some pics of the playdate:
(Riley and his buddy Aiden)
(Riley playing lookout while his buddy Ethan swings)
On Thursday we were finally able to get Riley in for the 2nd part of his regular flu shot. His doctor’s office had depleted their supply and then Chad got really busy with work so we were unable to get him in. Finally, on Thursday I called and they had the shots in and Chad was able to take off early in the afternoon to get Riley there on time.
I also got a shot of my own on Friday. Tarrant County, where we live, was having its first mass H1N1 immunization clinic at a coliseum in Haltom City and it was only open to pregnant women and children ages 6 months to 18 years with chronic medical conditions. My ob-gyn had said if I was able to get the shot, to get it, and I am not one to procrastinate. I want the task off of my “To-Do” list as soon as possible. Of course, I was nervous that since this was the first mass clinic in the county that there would be crazy lines. I had nightmares all night about long lines and shots and I woke up at 5:30am anxious to find out if there was a line of people already waiting. I knew the local news would be covering the clinic so I turned on the news to see. At 5:30am, the only person in line was a woman who had camped out in a tent since 10:30pm the night before. (Crazy!) Let me also mention that temperatures Thursday night were in the 40s and it was lightly raining. Not ideal conditions for standing in line outside. I stayed in bed and continued watching the news. At 6am, there were more people in line, but the news did not state how many. I decided I should get up and get showered and dressed. At 6:30am the news said the line had grown to 30-40 people. I decided to go ahead and go down and get in line. I brought snacks, bottled water, a book, my umbrella and a camping chair. I got to the coliseum at 7am and got in line. I was probably about 100 people back in line. The doors were supposed to open at 9am and the clinic was supposed to start at 10am. I sat in my camping chair until 9am and then stood in line the rest of the time. I was afraid to eat or drink though because they would not let you in the building to use the restroom. (Not such great news for all us pregnant ladies in line). At about 9:45am they sent greeters out to screen the people in line and make sure they were eligible for the shot. If you were you got a paper and were allowed to proceed. If you were not, you got info about possible future clinics and were asked to leave the line. I finally made it in the building a little after 10:30am and had my shot by 10:45am or so. When I left the line for shots was wrapped all around the building. I was just so glad to be able to cross this off the list and also so glad to be able to go to the bathroom!
On Friday Riley’s daycare had a costume parade in the morning. Chad went with him. All the kids dress up in their costumes and they go trick or treating at neighborhood businesses. Riley had a lot of fun at this and even wore the crown to his costume! I of course missed it, due to my H1N1 shot. Maybe next year…. They followed up the parade with pizza lunch, nap time and then Halloween parties in the afternoon.
(Riley's class, all dressed up!)On Saturday Chad headed to Denton to work on an opera all day. My parents came over about 9am and my Dad assisted me in running a cable line downstairs to this little nook outside our stairwell. With Carter’s room being upstairs we needed to move our home office downstairs. We have always had this strange little nook outside our bedroom door and across from the stairs. I had made it my ironing corner, but it didn’t really look that purposeful. After multiple trips to Home Depot and having to come over again Sunday morning to re-cut the cable connections, my Dad was able to get everything (i.e. Internet) up and running! The desk looks so good down there and it really gives the “nook” a purposeful feel. I am so thankful to my mom and dad, who came over early and worked on the cable, helped move the desk downstairs and then hung the other two blinds I mentioned earlier. I felt bad because Riley and I had to leave them to go to a Halloween party, but they seemed fine to keep working and I love them so much for that!
So Riley and I went and picked up Kate and Elizabeth and headed to a Halloween Party/Playdate at Krystal, Ethan and Caleb’s house. Riley and Ethan are in the same class at daycare and Caleb and Elizabeth are in the same class at daycare. The kids all had a great time playing for a couple of hours and before we knew it we needed to leave to go trick or treating. Here are some pics of the playdate:
On the way to trick or treat we went by Pappadeaux, where Elizabeth’s dad Jason works as a manager, for two reasons: 1) so he could see his little Tinkerbell in costume, and 2) so that we could get some dinner. Jason was thrilled to see Elizabeth and he paraded her around to see all his co-workers. I tried to get a photo of Jason holding both kids, but Riley was not happy about that. The picture still makes me laugh though:
(Too funny!)
We then headed over to Grandmommy and Haha’s house to trick or treat and help hand out candy. Riley was very excited to help hand out candy and put heaping handfuls in people’s bags! He also insisted on eating a fair amount of candy and pretty much no dinner!
(Riley refused to put back on his knight's tunic after getting a diaper change. But here is he ready to hand out candy!)
(Elizabeth/Tinkerbell got in on the action too. I'm sure she wishes she could have eaten some candy!)
We then headed to Nana & Papa’s house to trick or treat there. We laughed as we drove up because they had their porch and house lights off and I said “I guess they only want Riley and Elizabeth to trick or treat!” We went inside and Riley continued eating candy by having the M&Ms that Nana gave him.
(Tinkerbell and the good knight playing with Nana & Papa's fridge magnets)

We stayed and played there for a bit before dropping Kate & Elizabeth off at home and heading home ourselves, where Riley threw a fit about bathing and just about wore me out. He first told me that he wanted to take a shower not a bath, so we headed back to the master shower. I got all undressed (since Riley needs someone to shower with him) and turned the shower water on when Riley said “No shower, bath.” I sighed, but put my clothes back on and headed to Riley’s bathtub. As soon as I started the bathwater he said “No bath, shower” and I refused to continue the back and forth and put him in the tub where he cried through his bath and got out relatively quickly.
On Sunday afternoon Chad did not have to leave for work until after lunch so we spent the morning at home and then went to the grocery store before heading home for a bite to eat. Riley then went down for a nap, but not before asking me if we could go on a choo-choo ride. I told him that if he slept we could go on one when he woke up. I spent his nap finishing up laundry and spending time on the computer at the new home office downstairs! He woke up saying “Choo choo?” just in time to rush out of the house and head to the train. I prayed the whole way there for them to be open because I worried with the time change that they might close earlier. Also, Riley insisted that we ride the green train and there are usually two trains running, a red and a green, so you never know which one you are going to get. We did not have time to wait on a train if the wrong color came, so I also prayed that the green train be the one we rode and thankfully, both of my prayers were answered. We had a great time riding the train and this was the first time Riley and I had done this just the two of us! He was very sweet to me, holding my hand and sitting on my lap some and we had a great time!
(So precious! Holding hands!)
(Riley trying to see himself in the camera!)
(Even though he was being sweet to me, he didn't want a record of that actually photographed!)
We then had to rush home to meet Nana & Papa who were picking us up for a Service of Remembrance at their church in Keller. Riley was not happy at all about getting back in the car again so soon and cried about half the way to Keller. He was very talkative in church and Papa and I spent the time shushing him and trying to keep him occupied. The service honors our loved ones who have passed away and they read the names of the deceased and have a moment of silence and light a candle for each one. It was sad, and was the first time I have really gotten teary realizing that we are coming up on the one year anniversary of Jake’s death. How can a year have already passed? After the service we met some of my parents’ friends from church and then we headed to have a quick dinner at TGI Friday’s. When we got home I got Riley in the bath with less problems, but he threw an absolute fit when I brushed his teeth. He didn’t want to help at all so I was forced to try and do it myself, which he was REALLY not happy about.
Yesterday when Chad went to pick Riley up from daycare they told us they thought he might be coming down with a fever. It was not high enough to send him home, but he did feel warm to the touch. Chad & I checked his temperature throughout the evening and just before bed it was up over 101. We gave him some Tylenol and put him to bed and he slept great. We let him sleep until he woke up on his own at 7:30am, and when we took his temperature he didn’t have one! Chad decided to stay home with him anyway, just to play it safe. So everyone please pray that the fever does not come back. Not sure what that was about!
Tomorrow I go back to the doctor for a baby check up. I will try to post again tomorrow after my appointment. I don’t anticipate anything exciting happening at this appointment, but I’ll post nonetheless.
We then headed over to Grandmommy and Haha’s house to trick or treat and help hand out candy. Riley was very excited to help hand out candy and put heaping handfuls in people’s bags! He also insisted on eating a fair amount of candy and pretty much no dinner!
We then headed to Nana & Papa’s house to trick or treat there. We laughed as we drove up because they had their porch and house lights off and I said “I guess they only want Riley and Elizabeth to trick or treat!” We went inside and Riley continued eating candy by having the M&Ms that Nana gave him.
We stayed and played there for a bit before dropping Kate & Elizabeth off at home and heading home ourselves, where Riley threw a fit about bathing and just about wore me out. He first told me that he wanted to take a shower not a bath, so we headed back to the master shower. I got all undressed (since Riley needs someone to shower with him) and turned the shower water on when Riley said “No shower, bath.” I sighed, but put my clothes back on and headed to Riley’s bathtub. As soon as I started the bathwater he said “No bath, shower” and I refused to continue the back and forth and put him in the tub where he cried through his bath and got out relatively quickly.
On Sunday afternoon Chad did not have to leave for work until after lunch so we spent the morning at home and then went to the grocery store before heading home for a bite to eat. Riley then went down for a nap, but not before asking me if we could go on a choo-choo ride. I told him that if he slept we could go on one when he woke up. I spent his nap finishing up laundry and spending time on the computer at the new home office downstairs! He woke up saying “Choo choo?” just in time to rush out of the house and head to the train. I prayed the whole way there for them to be open because I worried with the time change that they might close earlier. Also, Riley insisted that we ride the green train and there are usually two trains running, a red and a green, so you never know which one you are going to get. We did not have time to wait on a train if the wrong color came, so I also prayed that the green train be the one we rode and thankfully, both of my prayers were answered. We had a great time riding the train and this was the first time Riley and I had done this just the two of us! He was very sweet to me, holding my hand and sitting on my lap some and we had a great time!
We then had to rush home to meet Nana & Papa who were picking us up for a Service of Remembrance at their church in Keller. Riley was not happy at all about getting back in the car again so soon and cried about half the way to Keller. He was very talkative in church and Papa and I spent the time shushing him and trying to keep him occupied. The service honors our loved ones who have passed away and they read the names of the deceased and have a moment of silence and light a candle for each one. It was sad, and was the first time I have really gotten teary realizing that we are coming up on the one year anniversary of Jake’s death. How can a year have already passed? After the service we met some of my parents’ friends from church and then we headed to have a quick dinner at TGI Friday’s. When we got home I got Riley in the bath with less problems, but he threw an absolute fit when I brushed his teeth. He didn’t want to help at all so I was forced to try and do it myself, which he was REALLY not happy about.
Yesterday when Chad went to pick Riley up from daycare they told us they thought he might be coming down with a fever. It was not high enough to send him home, but he did feel warm to the touch. Chad & I checked his temperature throughout the evening and just before bed it was up over 101. We gave him some Tylenol and put him to bed and he slept great. We let him sleep until he woke up on his own at 7:30am, and when we took his temperature he didn’t have one! Chad decided to stay home with him anyway, just to play it safe. So everyone please pray that the fever does not come back. Not sure what that was about!
Tomorrow I go back to the doctor for a baby check up. I will try to post again tomorrow after my appointment. I don’t anticipate anything exciting happening at this appointment, but I’ll post nonetheless.

No comments:
Post a Comment