Well, it turns out my sinus infection was only going to get worse before it got better. By Thursday I could not stop coughing! I got the runaround again from my obgyn who, after hearing me get into a coughing fit on the phone, insisted that I go back to my PCP to have them listen to my lungs and make sure I didn’t have bronchitis or pneumonia. This was no easy task as my doctor leaves early on Thursdays so after begging and crying on the phone to the nurse asking to be seen by anyone in the practice I was allowed to see the nurse practitioner, who told me I had a touch of bronchitis and gave me a prescription for some cough syrup with codeine, which I can only take at night. On top of all of this, Chad went to Orlando on business and so I was not only feeling awful and not sleeping, but I was taking care of Riley on my own and he was wearing me out! After my doctor’s appointment (2nd in one week!) we went to my parents house where I settled into their recliner under a blanket and let them take care of both me and Riley!
(Here is Riley playing in the wagon at Nana & Papa's while I was sick inside)
Thanks Mom & Dad! That night I slept the best I had all week, but since then I have still been coughing at night and not sleeping all that well.
Last night was the best night of sleep I have had since Thursday, but I think it had to do with the fact that I only got 3 hours of sleep the night before. Turns out Riley had an ear infection in both ears and spent most of Sunday night awake and crying. By 3:15am I knew that I needed to get some sleep so Chad got up with Riley then so I could get at least a few hours of sleep. Riley did great at the doctor yesterday and even growled like a dinosaur at his doctor! Chad says he could not stop laughing when he did that. Thankfully my mom is off school this whole week so Riley went to her house yesterday and is also there today. He was very excited about going to Nana & Papa’s to play with his trains!
Other highlights/news from last week:
Chad’s garage door decided to break just before he left town, so on Wednesday I had a repair company come out and we learned that the springs were broken, which was not a cheap fix! Thankfully, the springs we bought now come with a lifetime warranty so hopefully he’ll be set in that area. They also oiled up and checked my door and now our garage doors sound really quiet and happy!
On Saturday I was supposed to go see the new Twilight movie with some girls from my work. They were sweet enough to get there 2 hours before the movie to get in line and then I met them there an hour before. About 5 minutes after I arrived they opened our theater and we went in to take our seats. We sat and then decided we wanted to move and at that moment one of my friends, Deb, missed one of the steps down and hurt her ankle really bad. We got worried she might have broken it when she got really light-headed after so we made her leave and Amy & Tracy took her to the ER and sent me home to await news. Turns out it was a really bad sprain. We are happy it’s not broken and we hope Deb gets better soon. We were able to get vouchers to go back to the movie so we will have to reschedule our outing!
On Sunday we did our grocery shopping in the morning and then we met Grammy, Nana & Papa at La Madeleine for lunch. Riley was very well-behaved overall at both locations. After lunch we ran by Central Market to pick up their really good tortillas because we were having Mike & Christina over for dinner. Riley knew exactly where we were and knew that at Central Market he gets to slide on the playground and eat gelato, so he kept saying “Slide? Ice Cream?” We went and bought our groceries and got our gelato and for the first time EVER I got a gelato flavor that was so exquisite I am still craving it now. I got dulce de leche and cinnamon together and it was SO GOOD! In fact, just writing about it is making me crave it! After lunch we went home and Riley and Chad both took naps, while I got the biggest burst of energy! I decided to put it to good use and I straightened the house and then decided to go ahead and put up my Christmas tree and decorations. I also went upstairs and worked a bit on Carter’s room and now have it ready for Chad to help me move some furniture out and go through his stuff and then we will be ready to assemble the crib and have it start really looking like a nursery!
That evening Mike & Christina came over for dinner and it was so nice to visit with them and catch up on news! They brought yummy dessert and we provided dinner! I meant to take pictures of them coming over and of my work on Carter’s room and the Christmas stuff, but I totally forgot! I’ll try to get some up next week!
On a final, rather sad note my Memaw, who has been in town visiting since the beginning of the month, had to put one of her dogs, Smokey, to sleep today. He was a very old dog and he had traveled up here to visit with her and her other, much younger dog Mimi. He had been slowly getting sick while he was here and last night it got rather bad and so she decided to have him put to sleep today. Please keep my Memaw in your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment