Thursday, August 16, 2012

Durango 2012 - Day 5

Chad and I started Thursday off with a new kind of mountain biking.  These bikes were called Digglers and they were like a skateboard on mountain bike wheels, with handlebars attached.  I was no better at it than I was at mountain biking 12 years ago, so I only made it down the mountain once (while fearing for my life) and turned my bike back in.  Chad took a 2nd spin down the mountain.  



The boys woke up to pancakes by Grandmommy. 


After our morning adventures we decided to continue playing outside and we rode the chair lift up to the alipne slide.  The alpine slide was Carter's favorite resort activity and he wanted to do it over and over.  Riley did it once the 2nd day and decided that was enough for him.  On Thursday he decided while we were riding the slide that he would take the scenic chair ride (45 minutes up and back down the chair lift) with Grandmommy.



Chad, Carter & Haha coming down the slide
Riding the scenic chair ride.  Almost done!
Good shot of Riley's new sunglasses!
Riley decided after his ride to do the bungee trampoline again.  And this time he FLIPPED!

Chad and I got some friendly competition going and decided to challenge each other to a rock climbing competition.



Fine.  I lost.  Chad won.  But the lightning storm did stop us from finishing!
After the storm passes Chad, Riley and I took a family pass at the rock climbing wall.







And Riley ended his adventurous day by panning for gold with Chad.



No comments:

Post a Comment