Riley and Carter continued to have fun with Nana as their summer with her winds to an end. Last week they went up to Nana's classroom and Riley insisted that Nana send me a photo of his spider in a spider web that he drew on her marker board.
On Friday I took Katharina and the boys to the Myers' house for dinner and swimming. It was a blast to hang out with them! Macey and Caley sure are growing up fast!
Riley showed me his new swimming skills in the pool! I was super proud of him!
After swimming we ate yummy pizza and then Carter and Caley played in her toy box, literally inside of it! Mike let Riley play with his robots and Riley was equal parts fascinated and scared of them!
On Saturday Katharina, Carter and I went to Lucile's for lunch before the KWC matinee.
Carter and I had fun looking at the big train that is painted on the back wall!
We all saw the KWC show together and afterwards the boys were run ragged by Dakota!
Riley brought his pterodactyl to the show and it was fun to watch him interact with some of the older KWC teens that he has gotten to know.
On Sunday, Riley wanted to go back to the theater and see the show again. Chad took Riley for a surprise McD's picnic at the theater! FUN!
On Monday, Katharina flew home to Germany and the boys sure were sad to see her go. Riley keeps telling us he misses her!
Nap time at Nana's on Monday was pretty spectacular though. They made a bed tent and Carter slept under it!
Riley had a fun time waking Carter up underneath the tent!
It's
been nice to get back to somewhat of a normal routine this week. Now
we start ramping up for the start of school! How fun!
I can't believe the boys' summer with Nana ends this week. It has been such a blessing to have her watch them this summer and I hope it didn't wear her out too much! I know the boys loved spending the summer with her and will miss her a lot starting next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment